RE: [capeverdeFORUM] Updating Our Records, PLEASE Reply! Obrigado! :)

  • Monteiro, Manuel P
    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 14, 2009
      I am located in Massachusetts. East US.

      Manuel P. Monteiro
      Associate Vice President for Human Resources
      Boston University
      25 Buick Street
      Boston, MA 02215

      Telephone: 617-353-4477
      Fax: 617-353-1030

      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 14, 2009
        SouthUS

        Message 3 of 18 , Oct 14, 2009

          Message 4 of 18 , Oct 15, 2009
            Hi there,

            Name: Luís Batalha
            Email:lbatalha@...; lumafeba@...
            Location: Lisbon, Portugal

            Best,
            LB

            2009/9/14 Cape Verderns of Southern Cal <cvscpr@...>

[...]

          • Michael Kushin

              Message 6 of 18 , Oct 15, 2009
                Hello,

                This is Dawn Blake Souza.  I am Peppy Fortes' cousin, and my husband, Joseph F, "Zack" Souza (souzajoseph@...) is currently the Oversight Committee Chairman of the Cape Verdean American Veterans of New Bedford (the "Vets Hall".  For the last year, we have been working diligently to get the Vets Hall back on track.

                Since we took on the tremendous debt left by the previous administration and basically rescued the organization after it had been impounded by the Massachusetts Department of Revenue in June of 2008, we've been fighting an uphill battle to stay afloat.

                Next month, new elections will take place that will replace the current oversight committee that was given a vote of confidence and authorized to take over all operations for one year.  We are praying that new officers will be willing to take over the reins and carry on the hard work we've accomplished in the last year.

                I'll keep you posted.

                Thanks,

                Dawn

                To: cvscpr@...
                From: cvscpr@...
                Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 12:18:33 -0700

              • rfortes@umassd.edu
                Message 7 of 18 , Oct 17, 2009
                  > Hello Dave, sorry it has taken me so long to reply to you. I am really
                  happy to have your contact address. I have been to Cape Verde twice and
                  fell in love with our homeland. I would like to see you the next time
                  you are in New Bedford. I can be reached by either my home telephone
                  number (508) 996-3062 or Cell # 774-929-0590 I am still a dean at UMass
                  Dartmouth. Hope to hear from you in the near future. Best regards, Bobby
                  Fortes

                  > Ola Fellow Caboverdianos :)
                  >

                  > I hope all of you are doing well! We
                  > are updating our records and don't want to leave you out! In my attempts
                  > organize our massive database here @ the Cape Verdeans of Southern
                  > California
                  > (CVSC) Organization, I have come across hundreds of e-mail addresses that
                  > have NO
                  > LOCATION and/or NAME attached to them.
                  >

                  > Please take a moment out of your
                  > busy schedules to respond to this message and identify as well as provide
                  > location for yourself.  I will then place your e-mail address in one of
                  > the following categories:
                  >

                  > 1.)    SoCal
                  >
                  > 2.)    NorCal
                  >
                  > 3.)    EastUS
                  >
                  > 4.)    SouthUS
                  >
                  > 5.)    International
                  >

                  > We want to keep you updated with the
                  > latest CVSC information. Please help us by replying to this email.
                  > Also, should you have any suggestions for additional categories, please
                  > feel
                  > free to provide your suggestions with your reply. We here @ the CVSC want
                  > make this an interactive organization where everyone’s voice is heard :)
                  >

                  > Obrigado for all of your support
                  > & we look forward to advancing our Caboverdiano culture on a world-wide
                  > level!
                  >

                  > David J. Lomba
                  >
                  > AKA “Shaky” Dave
                  >
                  > CVSC Public Relations Rep.

                • Sylvia Ann Soares
                  Message 8 of 18 , Oct 19, 2009
                    I am in Eastern United States

                    Message 9 of 18 , Jan 31 8:53 PM
                      Eastern U.S.
                    • Joseph Antonio Rogers, Jr.
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jan 31 8:58 PM
                        Renee,                                                                      I am from East US. I live in New Jersey desiring to connect with my ancestory's culture. My grandfather came from San Aton Cape Verde his last was De'Rocha changed it to Rogers because the americans had trouble pronouncing it. He came into US in Georgia I think. My dad's not sure of that. My grandfather came here most likely 1919 though some say possibly as early as 1912. Please have someone keep me in the loop of what is going on. I plan to attend the festival in Aug. in RI as I get info. My dad, uncle, children and I are looking forward to being with those that are from the mother land. Sadly none of us speak the native language of our ancestors. By the grace and spirit of God we can connect with someone that will be willing to teach my children and grandchildren God bless you and thanks for responding to me. Here is my cellphone number 609-864-0519 contac me as well.                                                                      In God's Grip and His Favor Joseph Antonio (De'Rocha) Rogers

                      • bjmonteiro@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jan 31 9:08 PM
                          Barbara Burgo
                          Taunton, MA
                          CV activist/TCVA

                          > are updating our records and don't want to leave you out! In my attempts to
                          > organize our massive database here @ the Cape Verdeans of Southern California
                          > (CVSC) Organization, I have come across hundreds of e-mail addresses that have NO
                          > LOCATION and/or NAME attached to them.
                          >

                          > Please take a moment out of your
                          > busy schedules to respond to this message and identify as well as provide
                          > location for yourself.  I will then place your e-mail address in one of
                          > the following categories:
                          >

                          > 1.)    SoCal
                          >
                          > 2.)    NorCal
                          >
                          > 3.)    EastUS
                          >
                          > 4.)    SouthUS
                          >
                          > 5.)    International
                          >

                          > We want to keep you updated with the
                          > latest CVSC information. Please help us by replying to this email.
                          > Also, should you have any suggestions for additional categories, please feel
                          > free to provide your suggestions with your reply. We here @ the CVSC want to
                          > make this an interactive organization where everyone’s voice is heard :)
                          >

                          > Obrigado for all of your support
                          > & we look forward to advancing our Caboverdiano culture on a world-wide
                          > level!
                          >

                          > David J. Lomba
                          >
                          > AKA “Shaky” Dave
                          >
                          > CVSC Public Relations Rep.

                        • Michael Kushin
                          Message 12 of 18 , Feb 1, 2010
                            5 is correct.  I live in th UK but hope to go and live on Maio one day, the sooner the better.

                            Message 13 of 18 , Feb 1, 2010
                              Ed Andrade
                              19390 Collins Ave. #318
                              Sunny Isles Beach, Fl 33160

                              Message 14 of 18 , Feb 1, 2010
                                You may keep my name and email address on your list, please note, that my husband (Dr. Joseph "Zack" Souza) no longer holds any office with the Cape Verdean Veterans Association in New Bedford.

                                Dawn Blake Souza

                                To: capeverdeFORUM@yahoogroups.com
                                From: justmerenee56@...
                                Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 19:26:58 +0000

                                Renee Soto-Amado
                                Providence, RI
                                east US

                                --- In capeverdeFORUM@ yahoogroups. com, Cape Verderns of Southern Cal <cvscpr@...> wrote:

                                > Ola Fellow Caboverdianos :)
                                >

                                > I hope all of you are doing well! We
                                > are updating our records and don't want to leave you out! In my attempts to
                                > organize our massive database here @ the Cape Verdeans of Southern California
                                > (CVSC) Organization, I have come across hundreds of e-mail addresses that have NO
                                > LOCATION and/or NAME attached to them.
                                >

                                > Please take a moment out of your
                                > busy schedules to respond to this message and identify as well as provide
                                > location for yourself.  I will then place your e-mail address in one of
                                > the following categories:
                                >

                                > 1.)    SoCal
                                >
                                > 2.)    NorCal
                                >
                                > 3.)    EastUS
                                >
                                > 4.)    SouthUS
                                >
                                > 5.)    International
                                >

                                > We want to keep you updated with the
                                > latest CVSC information. Please help us by replying to this email.
                                > Also, should you have any suggestions for additional categories, please feel
                                > free to provide your suggestions with your reply. We here @ the CVSC want to
                                > make this an interactive organization where everyone’s voice is heard :)
                                >

                                > Obrigado for all of your support
                                > & we look forward to advancing our Caboverdiano culture on a world-wide
                                > level!
                                >

                                > David J. Lomba
                                >
                                > AKA “Shaky� Dave
                                >
                                > CVSC Public Relations Rep.

                              • Joseph Souza
                                Message 15 of 18 , Feb 1, 2010
                                  Hi Renee:

                                  My e-mail address is souzajoseph@..., and I live in New Bedford, Massachusetts.  Thank you.

                                  Joseph Souza

                                  To: capeverdeFORUM@yahoogroups.com
                                  From: justmerenee56@...
                                  Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 19:26:58 +0000

                                  Renee Soto-Amado
                                  Providence, RI
                                  east US

                                  --- In capeverdeFORUM@ yahoogroups. com, Cape Verderns of Southern Cal <cvscpr@...> wrote:

                                  > Ola Fellow Caboverdianos :)
                                  >

                                  > I hope all of you are doing well! We
                                  > are updating our records and don't want to leave you out! In my attempts to
                                  > organize our massive database here @ the Cape Verdeans of Southern California
                                  > (CVSC) Organization, I have come across hundreds of e-mail addresses that have NO
                                  > LOCATION and/or NAME attached to them.
                                  >

                                  > Please take a moment out of your
                                  > busy schedules to respond to this message and identify as well as provide
                                  > location for yourself.  I will then place your e-mail address in one of
                                  > the following categories:
                                  >

                                  > 1.)    SoCal
                                  >
                                  > 2.)    NorCal
                                  >
                                  > 3.)    EastUS
                                  >
                                  > 4.)    SouthUS
                                  >
                                  > 5.)    International
                                  >

                                  > We want to keep you updated with the
                                  > latest CVSC information. Please help us by replying to this email.
                                  > Also, should you have any suggestions for additional categories, please feel
                                  > free to provide your suggestions with your reply. We here @ the CVSC want to
                                  > make this an interactive organization where everyone’s voice is heard :)
                                  >

                                  > Obrigado for all of your support
                                  > & we look forward to advancing our Caboverdiano culture on a world-wide
                                  > level!
                                  >

                                  > David J. Lomba
                                  >
                                  > AKA “Shaky� Dave
                                  >
                                  > CVSC Public Relations Rep.

                                • Joseph
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Mar 4, 2010
                                    I need help learning myself the language of my fore fathers (grandfather).He was from the island of San Anton. Can anyone steer me in the right direction to get in touch with my roots. I live in New Jersey plan on attending festival in R.I. in Aug. I would love to learn my homeland language and miore about the culture. Are there any Cape Verderns in New Jersey other then my family.