any Cape Verdian festivals in GA. ??

  • Antonio James Jr.
    Message 1 of 3 , May 31, 2009
      I recently moved here to GA., myself from MA. about 45 minutes from Boston. I miss munchup, pastells and a few other dishes,I've found linguica at Publix. Where can I find samp???? Do I have to order from home. Please reply!!!
    • Sheila Baker
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 19, 2009
        Antonio, I also have lived in Atlanta. Samp (cape verdean name) is dry harmony. They sell it in the international section of publix or other stores.

        Sheila M. Baker

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 2, 2009
          Sheila
          What is dry Harmony,,,,wouldn't it be hominy ( corn??)
           Samp,,,,I am from C.Verde, I don't know what is samp. Okay, if you are referring to dry corn for "cathupa" ( manchupa is an old name for catchupa, used only by the American Capeverdeans, I guess),
          You can find the dry corn in any Latin Market, Brazilians calls it Canjica, you can find it in a Brazilian market
            Pastel .....hard to find. You can make your own, using the  Chinese won ton ( don't know the right spelling) , sold in every supermarket , at leas inCalifornia . The ones the Chinesse use for egg rolls. Then you use any filling you want, shape it like a pastel, and fry !!Good luck