Chilcote CV material given to UC Riverside

  • Richard Leary
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2007
      -----Original Message-----
      From: H-Net Discussion List on Portuguese-speaking African Countries
      [mailto:H-LUSO-AFRICA@...] On Behalf Of Kathleen Sheldon
      Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2007 11:44 AM
      To: H-LUSO-AFRICA@...
      Subject: Cape Verde, Boletim Official, reply

      From: Ronald Chilcote, University of California, Riverside
      ChilcoteR@...
      Date: 27 July 2007

      I should like to add information to the earlier messages about Cape
      Verde. Several years ago I donated my personal library of roughly 12,000
      books and pamphlets to the library at the University of California,
      Riverside. My ephemeral archives also were given to Special Collections in
      the library, including a segment relating the independence struggle in Cape
      Verde and Guinea Bissau. A description of this segment follows:

      Archive of books, pamphlets, periodical runs, clippings, tape recordings,
      and ephemera on Cabo Verde and Guinea Bissau with emphasis on the writings
      by and about Amilcar Cabral and his revolutionary movement. The documents
      and ephemera on Cabral relate to the extensive bibliography in Ronald H.
      Chilcote, _Amilcar Cabral's Revolutionary Theory_, Boulder: Lynne Rienner
      Publishers, 1991.

      A finder guide for this collection has been prepared and should be on line
      by the end of the 2007. It will also include reference to my extensive
      collection of books, pamphlets, and ephemera relating to the 1974-1975
      Portuguese Revolution.

      Ronald Chilcote
      University of California, Riverside