Oracle 12c event tomorrow

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17, 2013
      It looks like we are going to have a great group!  I'm excited about seeing you all there.  Kairos Kafe has a great lunch in store for us.

      Mark your calendars for The Oracle User Group on Wednesday, September 18th from 11:30am - 1:00 pm.

      We will be meeting at Proassurance so please respond with the names of
      everyone you are bringing and I'll pass them on to the building security so
      that they will be ready to let you in without any problems. See details
      below.

      Lunch will be catered by Kairos Kafe, so please reply by email letting us know you
      are coming. Also, please let me know if you would like a vegetarian lunch.

      Introducing Oracle Database 12c
      - presented by Brian McGraw of Oracle
      DATE: Wednesday, September 18, 2013
      TIME: 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
      PLACE: Proassurance, FREE PARKING
      LUNCH: Provided by Oracle (catered by Kairos Kafe)
      RSVP REQUIRED: Yes

      Presentation Overview
      Topic: Introducing Oracle Database 12c
      Presenter: Brian McGraw
      Abstract:
      Oracle recently introduced its 12c version of the database. This
      presentation covers some of the highlights of the new release, providing an
      overview of the benefits. We will discuss the architecture changes to
      support the multitenant environment, enhancements to storage management,
      and other highlights of the new release.

      Presenter's Bio
      Brian McGraw
      Oracle
      Bio:
      Brian is a Principal Sales Consultant with Oracle, and is based in
      Birmingham, Alabama. Before joining Oracle, Brian worked as a Database
      Administrator and as a DBA Manager. An Oracle Certified Professional, he
      has many years experience with the Oracle database platform, including work
      with Oracle’s Engineered Systems.

      DIRECTIONS
      Proassurance
      100 Brookwood Pl.
      Birmingham, AL 35209
      (Up the hill from Brookwood Mall and down the street from Brookwood Medical
      Center)
      Parking
      Free Parking adjacent to the building.

      ---