Not too late - Next Oracle User Group on Wednesday (10/17)

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15, 2012
      It's been a while since we last met and it's high time that we get things kicking again in the Oracle user world!  We're going to kick things off with a lunch and presentation by Quest Software (now part of Dell).  Please reply to this message to RSVP and reserve your spot.  NOTE: Please also let me know if you'd like a vegetarian lunch.

      Here are the details:

      Mark your calendars for The Oracle User Group on Wednesday, October 17th from 11:30 am - 1:00 pm.

      We will be meeting at Proassurance so please respond with the names of everyone
      you are bringing
      and I'll pass them on to the building security so that
      they will be ready to let you in without any problems. See details below.
      Lunch will be catered by a fine local dining establishment, so please reply by email letting us know you
      are coming. Also, please let me know if you would like a vegetarian lunch.

      Reduce Downtime During Migrations & Upgrades
      - presented by Jeffrey Surretsky of Quest Software
      DATE: Wednesday, October 17, 2012
      TIME: 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
      PLACE: Proassurance, FREE PARKING
      LUNCH: Provided
      RSVP REQUIRED: Yes

      Presentation Overview
      Topic: Reduce Downtime During Migrations & Upgrades
      Presenter: Jeffrey Surretsky, Quest Software (now part of Dell)
      Abstract:
      Although they reap long-term business benefits, migrations are a major availability challenge that companies face today.
      Some typical migration situations include:
      ·     Data center &/or server consolidation
      ·     Retiring older technology
      ·     Platform version and application upgrades

      Perhaps your company has participated in a merger or acquisition and is experiencing a related data center consolidation. Or you may be considering a change in hardware platform, operating system or application upgrade. How can you reduce downtime in these situations and allow business to continue while the migration activities occur?

      Presenter's Bio
      Jeffrey Surretsky
      Quest Software (now part of Dell)

      Bio:

      DIRECTIONS
      Proassurance
      100 Brookwood Pl.
      Birmingham, AL 35209
      (Up the hill from Brookwood Mall and down the street from Brookwood Medical
      Center)

      Parking
      Free Parking adjacent to the building.

      ---