Next Event - Tuesday, August 17

  • JimH
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2010
      Mark your calendars for The Oracle User Group on Tuesday, August 17 from 11:30 am - 1:00 pm.

      NOTE: This event is on Tuesday instead of the normal Thursday.

      We will be meeting at Proassurance so please respond with the names of everyone you are bringing and I'll pass them on to the building security so that they will be ready to let you in without any problems. See details below.

      Lunch will be catered, so please reply by email letting us know you
      are coming. Also, please let me know if you would like a vegetarian lunch.

      Oracle Database 11g Release 2 New Features

      - presented by Marvin Vinson of Oracle

      DATE: Tuesday, August 17, 2010
      TIME: 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
      PLACE: Proassurance, FREE PARKING
      LUNCH: Provided by ??? (catered by ???)
      RSVP REQUIRED: Yes

      Presentation Overview

      Topic: Oracle Database 11g Release 2 New Features

      Presenter: Marvin Vinson

      Abstract:
      Oracle Database 11g Release 2 Enterprise Edition delivers industry leading performance, scalability, security and reliability on a choice of clustered or single-servers running Windows, Linux, and UNIX. It provides comprehensive features to easily manage the most demanding transaction processing, business intelligence, and content management applications. Oracle Database 11g Release 2 Enterprise Edition comes with a wide range of options to extend the database to help grow your business and meet your users' performance, security and availability service level expectations. This session will introduce many of the new features in Oracle Database 11g Release 2 Enterprise Edition.

      Presenter's Bio

      Marvin Vinson
      Oracle

      Bio:
      Marvin Vinson is an Enterprise Architect with Oracle Corporation. He lives in the Atlanta area and covers the states of Florida, Georgia, Alabama and Mississippi. He has been employed with Oracle for eighteen years, and joined Oracle after working several years at The Coca-Cola Company. Marvin has degrees in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science.

      DIRECTIONS

      Proassurance
      100 Brookwood Pl.
      Birmingham, AL 35209

      (Up the hill from Brookwood Mall and down the street from Brookwood Medical
      Center)

      http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=proassurance,+100+Brookwood+Place,+Birmingham,+AL+35209&sll=33.475268,-86.773281&sspn=0.08491,0.147114&ie=UTF8&ll=33.465495,-86.773217&spn=0.010615,0.018389&t=h&z=16

      Parking

      Free Parking adjacent to the building.

      ---
      I hope to see you all there.