[caoug-announce] Next Oracle User Group Meeting

  • Hill Jim
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 10, 1999
      Our next Central Alabama Oracle User Group meeting will be next Thursday,
      September 16th at 11:30 at Southern Progress. Wes Boone of Tactics will be
      presenting on the topic:

      How to Double-Check Your Oracle-Based Applications for
      Y2K Compliance

      Bring your lunch and enjoy this timely presentaion.

      Location: Auditorium
      Southern Progress Corporation
      2100 Lakeshore Drive
      Birmingham, Alabama 35209
      Main: (205) 877-6000
      Contact: Bill Leach at (205) 877-5740

      Directions From I-65:

      Take Exit 255 (Lakeshore Drive) off of I-65
      Go East on Lakeshore Drive toward Samford University.
      Continue East through Green Springs Highway/Columbiana Highway Intersection
      for 1.6 miles.
      Turn Left at the first traffic light (left turn only) after Samford
      University entrances. This is the fifth traffic light since Green Springs.

      Directions From 31/280:

      Take Lakeshore Drive west toward Samford University.
      Turn right at the second light after the Highway 31 overpass (the first
      light is Old Montgomery Highway).

      Notes:

      Please park in any available space in the parking decks on the right side
      of the road.
      Follow path at east end of parking decks or walkway in center of parking
      decks to the main building at the top of the hill.
      Please check in at the reception desk to your left as you enter the
      building. Continue to the other side of the reception desk and turn right
      down the short hallway to the Auditorium.

      Hope to see you all there.

      205/970-5955
    • Hill Jim
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 6, 2000
        It's been a couple of months since our last meeting and I hope you've
        enjoyed the holidays.

        Our next meeting will be on a SPECIAL DATE due to meeting room availability:

        Monday, January 17, 2000 from 11:30 - 1:30

        Location:

        New Marriott just outside the I-459 loop on 280 E.
        http://marriotthotels.com/BHMMC/ <http://marriotthotels.com/BHMMC/>

        A BOX LUNCH will be provide for everyone who registers, so don't forget to
        RSVP.

        The meeting topic will be:

        EMC / Oracle Internet Business Solutions

        Internet based applications are having a significant impact on today's IT
        organizations. Most current infrastructures and support organizations are
        being
        stretched as never before to provide 24 hour by 7 day application
        availability without sacrificing backups, application development and
        rollout deadlines. The speaker will discuss technical issues related to
        such large Internet implementations and show how you can not only resolve
        such problems,
        but thrive while doing so.

        The speaker that EMC is bringing in is from the D.C. area and has an
        extensive background in the implementation of large Internet databases.

        We'll also use a few minutes during the meeting to do some brainstorming
        about the future direction of our group.

        Hope to see you there.

      • jim.hill@healthsouth.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 16, 2000
          Our next Oracle User Group (CAOUG) meeting will be on Thursday, February 17th at 11:30 at the Sonat building at 1900 5th Ave. North. The meeting will be held in the 16th floor corner conference room. Look for signs pointing the way.This will be a brown bag event and the presentation will be:Cloning Databases without using Export/ImportWe will be looking at the quickest way to create a copy of a database without having to deal with the hassles of export/import. You won't believe how useful this technique can be for creating QA databases, reporting databases, recovering single tablespaces, etc.Thanks to ODTUG there will be door prises at this event. Please take a look at the ODTUG conference announcement below.Hope to see you at the meeting on Thursday.Jim Hill HEALTHSOUTH 205.970.5955_______________________________________________________________________ _______ ODTUG 2000 - Your Lifesaver for Oracle Tools June 11-15 Fort Lauderdale, FloridaThe Oracle Development Tools User Group's 2000 conference will feature more than 165 presentations from experienced Oracle users, trainers, Oracle Executives, and Senior product managers on the following topics: Oracle Designer, Oracle Developer, Oracle JDeveloper, Oracle Discoverer, Data Warehousing, Methodology, Modeling and Analysis, Languages (e.g. Java, PL/SQL, and XML), Web/OAS Development and Deployment, and more. The agenda includes five three-hour seminars on Sunday at no additional charge to conference attendees, one and one and a half hour technical presentations, Ask the Experts Panels, Ask Oracle sessions, Oracle University presentations, vendor demonstrations, and special events throughout the conference.For further details on ODTUG 2000, visit the ODTUG Web site at www.odtug.com or e-mail odtug@.... _______________________________________________________________________ ______Liz Bruning Assistant Project Manager Oracle Development Tools User Group 206 Woodland Drive Wilmington, NC 28403 Phone: (910) 452-7444 Fax: (910) 452-7834 E-mail: odtug@...Plan now for ODTUG 2000 - Your Lifesaver for Oracle Tools! June 11-15 at the Marriott Harbor Beach Resort in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Visit our Web site at www.odtug.com for details.
        • jim.hill@healthsouth.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 9 12:21 PM
            Our next CAOUG (Central Alabama Oracle User Group) meeting will be next
            Thursday, March 16 at 11:30. The presentation will be:

            "Using PS/SQL to Present an Easy to Understand,
            De-Normalized View of Your Database"

            Location and details will follow in a subsequent message.

            If you haven't been to the user group in a while, consider putting this
            on your calendar, picking up your lunch and attending this meeting.
            We'd love to see you there.