Oracle Users Group - BI presentation summary

    Message 1 of 1 , May 20, 2009
      Here's how Kris Stanley describes the presentation he will be doing tomorrow.  Please reply to this message and let me know if you plan to attend.  All the details are below.

      I plan on discussing a general overview of BI from an
      end user perspective and from an IT perspective then discussing how
      Infinity went about laying out our goals for a BI initiative. I discuss the
      choice in OBIEE as our product, steps to achieve our desired goals, keys to a
      successful implementation and benefits received. Basically, I walk you
      through beginning to end with our first BI initiative. I have about 30
      minutes of material, so I hope time is not an issue, because I wanted to
      leave it open for some Q/A when I'm done.

      Details

      Lunch will be provided, so reply by email letting us know you are coming.  Kristopher Stanley will provide the 3rd installment of our 3-Part series on

      Business Intelligence.

      Real-Life Experiences with Oracle Business Intelligence Tools

      - presented by Kristopher Stanley of Infinity Insurance

      DATE: Thursday, May 21, 2009
      TIME: 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
      PLACE: UAB Cudworth Hall (1919 University Blvd.) , Room 140
      LUNCH: Provided by TEKsystems
      RSVP REQUIRED: Yes

      Presentation Overview

      Topic: Real-Life Experiences with Oracle Business Intelligence Tools

      Presenter: Kristopher Stanley

      Abstract:

      Presenter's Bio

      Kris Stanley
      Sr. Software Engineer
      Infinity Insurance Company

      DIRECTIONS

      UAB Cudworth Hall is at 1919 University Blvd. (between 19th and 20th Street on 8th Ave South).

      Here's a link to a map to help you reach Cudworth Hall:
      http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=1919+University+blvd.,+birmingham,+al&sll=33.510628,-86.804867&sspn=0.031989,0.055962&ie=UTF8&ll=33.506459,-86.799245&spn=0.007998,0.01399&z=16

      Parking

      Public parking is adjacent to the building at $1.00/hour. If you have easy access to the Birmingham transit system, they drop off at they corner of 8th and

      20th Street (25 cents to ride one way). http://main.uab.edu/show.asp?durki=45226

      ---
      I hope to see you all there.
      Central Alabama Oracle Users Group