Oracle User Group - Thursday, March 19

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 13, 2009
      Organizations have come to place a great deal of value on an employee's ability to mine valuable business intelligence out of its mounds and mounds of data.  I'm seeing a $15,000 - $30,000/yr premium being paid for database professionals with business intelligence skills.  Bottom line: it pays to update your skill set and bring more value to your company.

      So pick up some lunch and come join us.  Barry Ralston will provide an excellent kick-off for our 3-Part series on Business Intelligence.

      Please RSVP so we can make sure we will have enough room.

      Business Intelligence 101
      - presented by Barry Ralston, CAOUG Member

      DATE: Thursday, March 19, 2009
      TIME: 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
      PLACE: UAB Cudworth Hall (1919 University Blvd.) , Room 140
      LUNCH: Brown Bag
      RSVP REQUIRED: Yes

      Presentation Overview
      Topic: Business Intelligence 101

      Presenter: Barry Ralston

      Abstract: (Official abstract coming soon.)
      Generic Business Intelligence basics presentation.  Barry will answer questions like:
      Do I need a data warehouse to do BI?
      What tasks are involved in BI?
      What organizational buy-in do I need to make our BI successful?
      What personnel do I need to keep my BI solution going?
      What are the components of BI?
      What tools are available that I should look at?
      Strategies for making sure our BI implementation is actually bringing value to our company?

      Presenter's Bio - http://comframe.com/bi/bios.htm
      Barry is currently Chief Architect for Business Intelligence with Birmingham-based ComFrame Software.  Since joining ComFrame in 2001, his client successes include Aflac, Honda, and the Children's Hospital of Alabama.  In addition to speaking at the Alabama .Net Code Camps 1, 4 and 5, Barry has delivered presentations on Business Intelligence with Microsoft technologies at SQL Saturday 1 and 4.  With a career in Business Intelligence spanning 14 years, he has previously been an invited speaker to the Oracle Development Tools User Group, International Oracle User Group - Americas and JavaOne.

      DIRECTIONS
      UAB Cudworth Hall is at 1919 University Blvd. (between 19th and 20th Street on 8th Ave South).

      Parking
      Public parking is adjacent to the building at $1.00/hour. If you have easy access to the Birmingham transit system, they drop off at they corner of 8th and 20th Street (25 cents to ride one way). http://main.uab.edu/show.asp?durki=45226

      ---
      I hope to see you all there.
      Central Alabama Oracle Users Group