[caoug-announce] Aug 19 - CAOUG Presentation

  • Hill Jim
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 13, 1999
      ================================
      Quest Software's SharePlex Product
      for Database Replication

      (Lunch Provided)
      ================================

      Our next Oracle User Group meeting will be on Thursday, August 19 at 11:30
      at AmSouth. Quest Software will be providing the presentation and the
      lunch. You'll receive directions to the meeting facility in a subsequent
      message.

      Please RSVP to this message so we can
      get an accurate count for lunch.

      Below is a copy of the meeting announcement I sent out previously.

      Hope to see you all there.

      #####

      Are you currently replicating data to another database? Do you need a
      seperate instance for reporting purposes? Do you have remote offices that
      need their own copy of data?

      Our Oracle User Group meeting for the month of August will be presented by
      Quest Software on their SharePlex product for database replication. This is
      a very interesting product that does log-based replication as opposed to
      trigger-based replication. Quest claims they achieve 1000's of transactions
      per second while trigger-based replication only allows for 100's. Can they
      do it? Plan on attending the August user group to find out.

      Meeting details will follow in a later message.

      Jim Hill
      205/970-5955