Oracle User Group - Next Tue (Feb 14)

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2006

      Our next Oracle user group meeting is coming up next
      Tuesday. (See full meeting announcement below.)

      If you haven't already RSVP'ed and you are planning on
      attending, please send me a quick reply. We need to
      get a count in order to set up the room properly.

      By the way, the Harbert Food Court is only 1 block
      away and the restaurants there include Milo's, Wall
      Street Deli, Taco Bell, Golden Rule Bar-b-que,
      Chinese, Avery's, and a couple more. There are several
      other restaurants within 3 blocks.

      Increase Your SQL Search Power by 10x Using Oracle 10g
      and Regular Expressions

      - presented by Henry Lovoy

      DATE: Tuesday, Feb 14th
      TIME: 11:30 am
      PLACE: Energen Corporation (Conference Center)
      LUNCH: Bring your own or pick up something on the way
      RSVP REQUIRED: Yes (needed for room setup)

      Presentation Overview

      This presentation will introduce you to the Oracle10g
      Regular Expression feature and give you real life
      of how to maximize its use in any database
      By using this new functionality you can multiply your
      SQL search capabilities by a power of 10 and put a
      in your toolbox that you will be able to use in many
      different settings.

      Presenter's Bio

      Henry Lovoy is the DBA Manager at Healthsouth
      with over 8 years experience working with Oracle
      databases and optimizations, data warehouses,
      ETL tools, and OS system administration.

      Energen Conference Center is on the first floor of the
      Energen Corporate building at 605 Richard Arrington Jr
      Blvd N,
      Birmingham, AL 35203.

      Here's a link to a map to help you reach the Energen

      The Energen parking deck entry is on 6th Ave. N.
      right across from the Colonial Properties parking
      deck. Just push the button at the gate and tell
      the guard that you are here for the Oracle User
      Group in the Energen Conference Center.

      I hope to see you all there.

      Jim Hill
      Central Alabama Oracle User Group