Next User Group - Live Oracle RAC Presentation - Aug 18

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2005
      RSVP's Required (count for lunch needed, RSVP by
      replying to this message):

      On Thursday, August 18th at 11:30 Kenny Smith of
      Cnetics will be doing a live "Get on the Grid"
      presention for the Central Alabama Oracle User Group.
      Lunch will be provided.

      We will be meeting at the Energen Conference Center at
      the Energen headquarters on 6th Ave. North and Richard
      Arrington Blvd. Parking is provided on the top level
      of the Energen parking deck which is adjacent to the
      building.

      I've included a description of the presentation that
      Cnetics provided. You can see a picture of the
      hardware if you follow the link.

      Our "Get on the Grid" presentation discusses and
      demonstrates a fully configured, portable Oracle 10g
      RAC system running on HP equipment. Our portable
      systems called "Test tRACks" are multi-bootable on
      Linux, Windows and HP-UX depending on the hardware
      configuration. (For more information on our portable
      Oracle units, visit
      http://www.cnetics.com/RACoverview.shtml.)

      How the presentation works:

      Our presentation gives attendees an opportunity to
      learn about and get hands-on with 10g RAC. We will
      bring a portable Real Application Cluster system with
      a wireless access point. We describe the hardware and
      software configuration and then demonstrate important
      RAC features such as transaction application failover,
      load balancing, and scalability on the live system. We
      then allow attendees to login via their laptops and
      "play" with Linux, Windows, Oracle, clustered file
      systems & clustered servers.

      We've made this presentation at the Georgia Oracle
      User Group Conference and the International Oracle
      User Group Conference. We've also presented
      "Get on the Grid" to groups such the Columbus Linux
      Users Group, the Atlanta Unix Users Group and the East
      Tennessee Oracle Users Group with great success.

      You can also read Kenny's professional bio at
      http://www.cnetics.com/bios.shtml.

      ++

      I think this will be a great presentation and I hope
      to see you all there. You can just reply to this
      message to RSVP.

      Regards,

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs