[caoug-announce] Next Oracle User Group meeting - June 17 - REMINDER

  • Hill Jim
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 15, 1999
      MTG REMINDER
      -------------

      I've seen Chuck's presentation and if you plan on upgrading to Oracle 8 in
      the next 12-18 months, it will be well worth your while to see this
      presentation on RMAN.

      ########

      The next meeting for the Central Alabama Oracle User Group (CAOUG) will be
      at

      Vulcan Materials at Liberty Park,
      Thursday, June 17th,
      11:30 AM.

      Thanks to Mike Pennington for making these arrangements.

      TOPIC of SHORT PRESENTATION: Oracle 8 Backup and Recovery

      Understanding RMAN and Avoiding Its Pitfalls

      Please bring your lunch and enjoy this presentation by Chuck Hunt of
      HealthSouth. Chuck's presentation will be followed by a period of smaller
      breakout sessions with general group discussion on a variety of topics.

      Here's more information from Mike Pennington:

      It is fine for attendees to bring a lunch and we have a
      cafeteria in the building that serves hot lunches.
      There are also vending machines available.

      --------------------
      Directions:
      --------------------

      [Liberty Park is east of I-65 & Hwy 280]

      Take exit 23 off of I-459. Go east a short distance and turn
      right onto the road that becomes Liberty Parkway.
      Go to the second stop sign, turn left onto Urban Center
      Parkway, and seek the right lane.
      Take the first right onto Urban Center Drive.
      Vulcan's building (1200) is the second one on the right.
      Use the visitor parking directly in front of the building, and
      if full, take the next left to find additional parking.

      For more details on how to get to Vulcan Materials visit us on
      the web at:

      http://www.vul.com

      Additional notes. All attendees will need to check in with
      the receptionist and the cafeteria is in the price range of
      $5-$6 dollars, depending on what you get.

      ####

      Hope to see you all there on Thursday.

      Make the News Come to you! FREE email newsletters sent directly to
      your in-box USAToday, Forbes, Wired, and more. Sign-up NOW!
      http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/316

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/caoug-announce

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/caoug-announce