Book Review Program - New Books

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2002
      Book Review Program
      Updated: 09/24/2002
      The Central Alabama Oracle User Group's new book review program officially began
      on 8/29.  Here's the how it works:
          1) All books are distributed to reviewers at our monthly meetings.
          2) A $20 cash deposit is required for each book you wish to review.
          3) Each reviewer will be limited to 1 book at a time.
          4) Reviews will be subject to editing and abridgement before being
               placed on
          5) Book publishers will be notified of your reviews of their books
               and they may pull the review and use parts or all of it in their
          6) Your $20 deposit will only be returned to you after an electronic
               review is sent to Jan Jones, our Book Review Program Coordinator,
      mailto:JJones@....  Your deposit will be
               returned at the next monthly meeting after you submit your review.
          7) You will get to keep any book you review.
      If you are interested in reviewing one of the books below, please contact Jan
      Jones by email and give her the book title.  Each book will be assigned on a
      first come, first served basis.  You will be placed on a waiting list for a
      book if someone else has already requested it.  At each meeting, we will begin
      at the top of the list and the first person who's present and has their $20
      deposit will receive the book.

      Books to Review
      Oracle Press:
      2) 9i DBA Handbook
      3) Oracle 9i Web Development
      4) OCP Oracle 9i Database: Performance Tuning Exam Guide
      5) 9i New Features
              Lin, Jenny [Jenny.Lin@...]
      6) 9i The Complete Reference
      7) Discover Handbook
      8) 9i Instant PL/SQL Scripts
      2) Java Programming with Oracle SQLJ

      Books being Reviewed
      Oracle Press:
      1) 9i New Features
       Raj Patel
      1) Building Oracle XML Applications
       David Shockey
      3) Learning Oracle PL/SQL
       Jessica Qu NCP Solutions
      4) Oracle Database Administration: The Essential Reference
       Jim Hill

      Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information for the use of the designated recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you.