Next Oracle User Group - May 16 - Oracle Certification

    Message 1 of 1 , May 9 2:35 PM
      Next Oracle User Group - May 16 - Oracle Certification

      Thanks to Jan Jones of Self Test Software for providing this month's presentation on the Oracle certification programs.  I hope to see you there.

      Please RSVP by replying to this message so that we can arrange for a proper
      meeting room setup.

      +++

      May CAOUG Meeting

      Certification from a High-level Overview
              Down to the Details
      - presented by Jan Jones from Self Test Software

      DATE: Thursday, May 16th
      TIME: 11:30 am
      PLACE: EnteGreat
      LUNCH: Bring you own, including drink
      RSVP REQUIRED: Yes

      DIRECTIONS

      EnteGreat University is on the first floor of the 1900 building
      at International Park, just off I-459 on Acton Road.
      There is a hot link to a map at
      http://www.entegreat.com/eg_contactus.htm

      Presentation Overview

      Title: Certification from a high-level overview
              down to the details

      Whether you're currently in the process of becoming certified, trying to
      decide if certification is for you, or looking to upgrade an existing
      certification, this presentation is for you. The presentation introduces
      some general information about certification what is certification, why
      IT professionals choose certification, and most importantly some steps to
      take once you choose to pursue your certification. Whether you are an IT
      Manager, seasoned DBA, or a first-time DBA out there trying to prove
      yourself, there are benefits of certification that you'll be interested
      in learning more about.

      After covering some high-level certification information, the presentation
      will focus on specific requirements to become certified as an Oracle
      Certified Associate (OCA), Oracle Certified Professional (OCP), or Oracle
      Certified Master (OCM). The presentation will include an overview of the
      certification tracks that are available and the detailed requirements of
      obtaining all three levels of Oracle certification OCA, OCP, and the highly
      coveted OCM.

      Once the road to certification is mapped out for you, you'll learn what
      to expect, how to prepare, and most importantly how to PASS the exam.
      You'll get valuable insight into how to prepare for your certification
      exam, understand how the exams are structured, and even get a preview
      of some of the features that you are likely to see on exam day.

      ####

      Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information for the use of the designated recipients named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that  you have received this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its contents is prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your computer.  Thank you.