Next CAOUG meeting - new Oracle 9i feature - RSVP required

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2002
      Next CAOUG meeting - new Oracle 9i feature - RSVP required

      Thank you to Infinity Insurance for providing the facilities, to
      DataCrest/Walker Haddock for our lunch and to Compaq for the
      presentation.

      NOTE: Please RSVP by the end of the day on Friday if you plan on
      attending. Just reply to this message to RSVP.

      Oracle 9i Real Application Clusters

      -Presented by Compaq and DataCrest-

      DATE: Thursday, January 17th
      TIME: 11:30 am
      PLACE: Infinity Insurance
      LUNCH: Provided by DataCrest
      RSVP REQUIRED: Yes

      PRESENTATION OVERVIEW

      Oracle recently announced the next level in clustered databases,
      with 9i Real Application Clusters.  We will discuss its major advances
      over Oracle Parallel Server, the capabilities of Real Application
      Clusters in comparison with other database servers, and the technology
      behind the scenes that makes it all work.  This will be a high level
      presentation, but we can dive down in response to your questions.

      DIRECTIONS

      Infinity Insurance is located at 2204 Lakeshore Dr. Birmingham, AL
      35209.  This is the Lakeshore Park Plaza building.

      Here's a link to a Yahoo! Map.

      http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?BFCat=&Pyt=Tmap&newFL=Use+Address+Below&addr=2204+Lakeshore+Drive&csz=35209&Country=us&Get%A0Map=Get+Map

      From 65:  Get on Lakeshore Drive and head East, past Samford University
      and the Healthsouth rehabilitation facility.  Infinity will be on your
      right, directly across from the First Baptist Church of Birmingham,
      before you cross under 31.

      From 31:  Get off on Lakeshore Drive, heading West.  Infinity will be on
      your left, directly across from the First Baptist Church of Birmingham,
      before you pass the Healthsouth rehabilitation facility.

      From 280:  Get off on Lakeshore Drive, and head West, past Brookwood
      Village.  Infinity will be on your left, directly across from the First
      Baptist Church of Birmingham, after you cross under 31 but before the
      Healthsouth rehabilitation facility.

      There are two entrances to our building - an East and West Lobby.  You
      will want to use the West Lobby entrance, and take the elevator to the
      second floor.  Get off the elevator, and the meeting room will be on
      your right.

      Brian McGraw stresses that you arrive early for a seat.  : )

      ---

      We hope to see you there.