Next Oracle User Group meeting - What is SAN and NAS?

    Message 1 of 1 , May 17, 2001
      Next Oracle User Group meeting - What is SAN and NAS?

      We'd like to say "Thank You" to EMC and Southern Linc for stepping in on short
      notice to provide the User Group presentation and facility on:

              Thursday, May 24th at 11:30 am.

      EMC will be presenting the topic:

              "What is SAN and NAS and how does this
              apply to me as an Oracle professional?"

      ---------------------------
      Description
      ---------------------------

      You hear a great deal about SAN and NAS today. You may have been approached
      by someone in your organization who is considering one or both in your
      environment. It's really not that complicated but you really need a good
      understanding of what it is and what it is not.

      There really are some do's and don'ts related to SAN and NAS. A good basic
      understanding of this technology may prevent your company from making a
      costly mistake. It may also cause you to consider different ways to manage
      your data. All of which could save you time and reduce your workload.

      ---------------------------
      Location
      ---------------------------

      Southern Linc, at the Alabama Power Corporate Headquarters, has secured a
      room in the atrium.

      The address for the meeting is 1701 Sixth Avenue North.  Enter Alabama Power
      at the Main Entrance.  The room is directly to the right after entering
      the atrium.  I'll ask them to put up a sign and notify the guard.  Parking is
      all around the building at meters and across the Main Alabama Power Entrance
      on 17th Street.  Birmingham Parking Authority Deck #7 is on 17th Street
      between 5th Avenue and 6th Avenue (17th is one way North).  Another entrance
      is on 16th Street between 6th Avenue and 5th Avenue (16th is one way South).

      Lunch

      If you plan on eating lunch at the event, Southern Linc has requested
      that you purchase your lunch from the cafeteria.

      ###