57AITP

    Apr 30, 2000
      Earlier this week the Association of IT Professionals allowed a few members
      of the CAOUG to attend their monthly meeting and pass out literature about
      our organization. We'd like to express our thanks to the AITP organization
      by returning the favor.

      Association of Information Technology Professionals (AITP)

      The mission statement of AITP is :

      To promote the Management of Information Technology as a valued
      profession through education, membership association, and high
      ethical standards so that individual members continue to be
      valuable assets to their companies or organizations, the
      Information System Community and Society.

      The group meets every 4th Thursday evening of the month
      except during summer months, usually June - August, and December.

      Meetings are held at the Pickwick Center at 5 Points South.
      There is a social hour at 5:30 followed by dinner at 6:30.
      The fee for dinner is usually $20 with reservations

      The group has an informative web site at :

      http://www.libnat.com/aitpbham/index.htm

      The web site includes a newsletter and additional contact
      information, information about the meetings and board
      members. This organization is certainly worthwhile for
      serious information technology professionals seeking others
      in the Birmingham area.