11[caoug-announce] FW: ORACLE INTERNET SEMINARS FOR ORACLE8i
- Apr 6, 1999Here's an internal email from Oracle that describes an online seminar that
may interest you.
From: ORACLE WORLDWIDE MARKETING [mailto:MKTG@...]
Sent: Monday, March 15, 1999 4:56 PM
Subject: ORACLE INTERNET SEMINARS FOR ORACLE8i
Oracle8i Internet Seminars (iSeminars) for Customers Sponsored by our
On March 11, 1999, Oracle began hosting the first in a series of Oracle8i
iSeminars sponsored by a Platform Partner and directed at our customers.
Internet Platform Marketing and the Platform Technologies Division have
together to secure partner participation and sponsorship for over 50
Internet Seminars from March through June 1999. Please invite your
to attend these Oracle8i iSeminars.
Read on for more information about:
- What is an Oracle8i iSeminar?
- Why are we involving Partners?
- What are the business benefits to Oracle?
- What audience will benefit most and why?
- How will customers/prospects find out about the iSeminars?
- How does someone register for one of these iSeminars?
- What can I send to my customers to inform them about these iSeminars?
- How do I get the presentation to show customers outside the US?
- Where can I get a list of the scheduled Oracle8i iSeminars?
- Where can I get a list of all the iSeminars given by Oracle?
What is an Oracle8i iSeminar?
These 1 hour iSeminars focus on Oracle8i topics in the following areas:
Scalability, Content Management, Disaster Recovery, Manageability, Mission
Critical Solutions, High Availability, Security, Directory, Mobile Computing
and Enterprise Application Integration.
The presentation slides are presented directly to the audience via the
Internet while the audio is broadcast via a teleconference.
Why are we involving Partners?
We asked our hardware partners to participate because we wanted to:
- Showcase how Oracle8i works with different platform vendors
- Provide content which shows a total solution (software and hardware)
- Increase leads for Oracle8i by providing rich content
- Get funding for web banner ads to advertise these iSeminars
What are the business benefits to Oracle?
* Sales leads for Oracle8i
* Awareness of Oracle8i and the Oracle Internet Platform
* Educate customers/prospects about the key features/benefits of Oracle8i
* Show customers/prospect how we work together with hardware partners to
provide a total solution.
What audience will benefit most and why?
These Oracle8i iSeminars are targeted at IT Managers, Technical Influences,
Application Developers and DBAs.
The iSeminars are FREE, easy and convenient for our target audience to
The attendee can sit at his/her desk to view the slides and listen to the
audio. In the United States and Canada, we provide a toll free number to
listen to the audio conference. For International attendees, we provide a
regular dial in number (not a toll free call).
How will customers/prospects find out about the iSeminars?
Web banner ads for these Oracle8i iSeminars will be placed on over 10
web sites (i.e. PC Week, InfoWorld Electric, Internet Week, Interactive
etc.) frequented by our target audience.
On http://www.oracle.com, we also have a link to the iSeminars Home Page
provides a complete listing of all of Oracle's iSeminars. We've also placed
link to the Oracle8i Internet Seminar schedule on
How does someone register for one of these iSeminars?
Registering for an Oracle8i iSeminar is easy and takes place on the web.
Point your browser to http://iseminar.oracle.com/iccdocs/register.shtml and
fill out the required information. Once you register, you'll receive a user
id and password which you'll be able to use again for any future Oracle
iSeminar. An e-mail will be sent to you confirming registration for the
iSeminars you've selected and will provide you with the URL and dial in
numbers to log on to the iSeminar.
What can I send to my customers to inform them about these iSeminars?
We've created an e-mail for you to send to your customers. You'll find this
e-mail at http://worldwide-marketing.us.oracle.com/oracle8i
How do I get the presentation to show customers outside the US?
You can obtain a PDF version of the presentation at
http://www.oracle.com/iSeminars. You'll find
the PDF version of the PowerPoint Presentation under the left menu heading
If you need the actual PowerPoint files, please contact Amy Golden
Where can I get a list of the scheduled Oracle8i iSeminars?
* Full list of all the Oracle8i iSeminars -
* List of Oracle8i iSeminars sponsored by Partner -
Where can I get a list of all the iSeminars given by Oracle?
At http://www.oracle.com/iSeminars, you'll be able to get a schedule of all
the iSeminars given by Oracle, plus other pertinent information related to
Oracle Worldwide Marketing
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/caoug-announce
Free Web-based e-mail groups by eGroups.com