Re: [caostheory] fuzzy control of a nonlinear systems

  • hai friend
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2004
      sir,

      actually i am doing adaptive fuzzy control of
      uncertain lorenz system.
      actullay lorenz systems is chaotic system.so i want to
      eleminate this chaotic behaviour through fuzzy
      control..
      firstly fuzzy modelling of lorenz system then
      stabilization.so i have some difficulty to start the
      program in matlab. so please send me some refernce
      programs.
      srinu.

      --- Chouverakis Konstantinos <kostas_chl@...>
      wrote: > Hi Srinu,
      > Can you explain to me wht you want to do exactly in
      > your project with fuzzy logic and Lorenz?
      > Regards
      > ---
      > Kostas

      Yahoo! India Mobile: Download the latest polyphonic ringtones.
      Go to http://in.mobile.yahoo.com
    • Roger Bagula
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2004
        Dear srinu,
        Kostas is the Matlab guy, but I'm the chaotic fuzzy logic person.
        Back in the early 90's the philosopher at SONY Stony Brook
        Dr. Patrick Grim came up with a 3d chaotic system based on fuzzy logic.
        The following program gives the "trajectory" of the system in 3d.
        As far as I know no differential equations have been
        yet associated with this chaotic system.
        By using it to classify the Lorenz system ,
        you might be able to get fuzzy logic control
        for such a system.
        Who told you that fuzzy logic was an answer to
        control of chaotic systems? Whoever it was
        was probably misinformed. All fuzzy logic does
        is allow you to isolate "attractor categories" as
        finite attactor sets; the chaos remains.
        As you will see if you run a graph of this trajectory system.
        Here's a link to Dr. Grim's web page:
        http://www.sunysb.edu/philosophy/new/faculty/grim.html
        He is also known as the "bit splitter": the man who
        changed how we think about information
        in terms of fuzzy logic.

        SET MODE "color"
        FOR i=0 to 15
            LET j=i/15
            SET COLOR MIX (i) j,1-j, 1-j
        NEXT i
        SET BACKGROUND COLOR "white"
        SET COLOR MIX (1) 0,0,0
        SET WINDOW -.5,2.5,-.5 ,2.5
        CLEAR
        PRINT"             ***3dimensional GRIM TRIPLIST map***"
        PRINT "                by R.L.Bagula  27 May 1995 ©"
        LET XINT= 1
        LET YINT= .5
        LET ZINT=-1
        LET INITNUM=10
        LET FINNUM=1000000
        LET X=XINT
        LET Y=YINT
        LET Z=ZINT
        FOR I=INITNUM+1 TO FINNUM+1
            LET r=sqr(x^2+y^2+z^2)
            LET XNEW=1-ABS(.5*ABS(Y-Z)-X)
            LET YNEW=1-ABS(.5*ABS(XNEW-Z)-Y)
            LET ZNEW=1-ABS(.5*ABS(XNEW-YNEW)-Z)
            SET COLOR 1+15*int(r)
            LET x1=2*x/(1+z/4)
            LET y1=2*y/(1+z/4)
            PLOT x1,y1
            LET X=XNEW
            LET Y=YNEW
            LET Z=ZNEW
        NEXT I
        END
        hai friend wrote:
[...]

        email to:

            c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the

        http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
        http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/wHYolB/TM

         http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        --
        Respectfully, Roger L. Bagula
        tftn@..., 11759Waterhill Road, Lakeside,Ca 92040-2905,tel: 619-5610814 :

      • Roger Bagula
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1, 2004
          Here are a set differential equations based on Grim  TRIPLIST map:
          dx/dt=x+1-Abs(Abs(y-z)/2-x)
          dy/dt=y+1-Abs(Abs(dx/dt-x-z)/2-y)
          dz/dt=z+1-Abs(Abs((dx/dt-x)-(dy/dt-y))/2-z)
          As you can see it is a nonlinear equation set with the hard direction changes of absolute values
          that give cusp like effects that make differential equation solutions
          difficult to impossible.
          Without Dr. Grim's logical analysis of fuzzy logic for liars
          even this wouldn't be possible.  No one else has approached this system
          with this much insight.
          Another approach is the hypercube one that Kosco uses:
          "Kosko introduces his hypercube representation of fuzzy sets and explains ":
          http://www.e-insite.net/ednmag/archives/1995/072095/15column.htm
          which I don't think is as effective in resolving the 3d chaos case.
          Kosco's approach is an n dimensional generalization approach
          developed for n node neural net types of systems.

          hai friend wrote:
[...]

          Yahoo! Groups Links