Re: [caostheory] Re: lyapunov exponent

  • sudha raman
    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 31, 2003
      hi,

      I got the time series from the real time systems(e.g:
      radar tracking system). Infact there are some datbases
      available on the web, where they place this kind of
      real time data..Hope i am answering your question..

      -mirunal.

    • Chouverakis Konstantinos
      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 1, 2003
        So, you cannot calculate the lyapunov exponent from an equation since you
        donot have any equations.
        This is simple and clear now.
        The only way is to use a package from the internet like TISEAN.
        I haven't used it ever so I donot know how to help you in this exact issue.
        Are you doing an MSc or a PhD? Are you sure your series is chaotic?
        Kostas

        > I got the time series from the real time systems(e.g:
        > radar tracking system). Infact there are some datbases
        > available on the web, where they place this kind of
        > real time data..Hope i am answering your question..
        >
        > -mirunal.
        > --- Roger Bagula <tftn@...> wrote:
        > > Dear Kostas,
        > > I'm so glad you showed up.
        > > This isn't my best area as you know!
        > > Thank you!
        > > Chouverakis Konstantinos wrote:
        > >
        > > >I donot understand your question.
        > > >How to get the equation? This is what you mean?
        > > >First of all :
        > > >How to you get these points for the time-series?
        > > >Kostas

      • sudha raman
        Message 3 of 18 , Nov 1, 2003
          hi,

          I am doing my MSc. Yeah, there are some realted papers
          which declare the time series to be chaotic. I am
          taking those conclusions and proceeding further. The
          problem that i am facing with TIESAN is

          1. it seems like not robust, so i doubt i am doing
          some mistake in using it.
          2. And i couldn't feed multivariate data set as a i/p.

          Thanks for all the responses...

          -mirunal

          --- Chouverakis Konstantinos <kostas_chl@...>

          Message 4 of 18 , Nov 1, 2003
            Generally,
            By calculating the LEs from a time-series results big error bars (dut to
            noise etc...)
            Try and use it just to see what result you get.
            My intuition is that due to the noise, the LE is going to be quite big.
            I didn't understand what you said about the multivariate data.
            You want to fit your data to a mathematical expression?
            How many points do you have and how many variables?
            Kostas

            > I am doing my MSc. Yeah, there are some realted papers
            > which declare the time series to be chaotic. I am
            > taking those conclusions and proceeding further. The
            > problem that i am facing with TIESAN is
            >
            > 1. it seems like not robust, so i doubt i am doing
            > some mistake in using it.
            > 2. And i couldn't feed multivariate data set as a i/p.
            >
            > Thanks for all the responses...
            >
            > -mirunal
            >
            > --- Chouverakis Konstantinos <kostas_chl@...>
            > wrote:
            > > So, you cannot calculate the lyapunov exponent from
            > > an equation since you
            > > donot have any equations.
            > > This is simple and clear now.
            > > The only way is to use a package from the internet
            > > like TISEAN.
            > > I haven't used it ever so I donot know how to help
            > > you in this exact issue.
            > > Are you doing an MSc or a PhD? Are you sure your
            > > series is chaotic?
            > > Kostas

          • hai friend
            Message 5 of 18 , Nov 1, 2003
              sir,

              i am doing project on adaptive backstepping
              control of uncertain lorenz system.
              i gonethrough some papers in that firstly they show
              that lorenz system constructed in "strict feedback
              form". after they applied adaptive backstepping.

              my doubts.

              what is the exact defination of a strict feed back
              form?.
              what is the significance of that?

              Is it necessary the system must be in strict feedback
              form for adaptive backstepping design?
              please help me.

              ......srinu.

              Go to http://yahoo.shaadi.com
            • sudha raman
              Message 6 of 18 , Nov 2, 2003
                Hi,

                I am talking about the embedded data, so as i don't
                have dimension details i would have my embedded
                dimension aroung 12-15(the original one should be 4-7)
                and i have some 10000 points.

                -mirunal

              • mugadawi
                Message 7 of 18 , Mar 1, 2004
                  Hi

                  I am new to this group and happy to find my interested area here. I
                  am modelling chaotic systems and when I was searching in the
                  internet for a way to compute the LE spectrum I found your message
                  Mr. "sudha raman". I will be happy if we can share some information
                  aout the use of TISEAN package.

                  Waiting to here from you.

                  Bye now

                  --- In caostheory@yahoogroups.com, "Chouverakis Konstantinos"