(no subject)

  • HumB630@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9 8:50 AM
      Another way of seeing life.

      LORD, THANK YOU Lord, thank you for this sink of dirty dishes; we have plenty
      of food to eat.

      Thank you for this pile of dirty, stinky laundry; we have plenty of nice
      clothes to wear.

      And I would like to thank you, Lord, for those unmade beds; they were so warm
      and comfortable last night. I know that many have no bed.

      Many thanks to you, Lord, for this bathroom, complete with all the splattered
      mirrors, soggy, grimy towels and dirty lavatory; they are so convenient.

      Thank you for this finger-smudged refrigerator that needs defrosting so
      badly; It has served us faithfully for many years. It is full of cold drinks
      and enough leftovers for two or three meals.

      Thank you, Lord, for this oven that absolutely must be cleaned today. It has
      baked so many things over the years.

      The whole family is grateful for that tall grass that needs mowing, the lawn
      that needs raking; we all enjoy the yard.

      Thank you, Lord, even for that slamming screen door. My kids are healthy and
      able to run and play.

      Lord, the presence of all these chores awaiting me says You have richly
      blessed my family. I shall do them cheerfully and I shall do them gratefully.

      Finally, Thank you Lord for all the people who put obstacles in my way each
      and every day so I can learn well your lessons of humility and patience.