Little Amerasian Girl, 3, Needs Bone Marrow

  • NgashaNews@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2001

      mollyjester@... writes:

      Just got this info from teacher friend--"We just
      received word from one
      of
      our adoptive families in Ohio that their 3 year old
      Amerasian daughter
      (Cambodian/Causasian) adopted at birth in Oklahoma
      NEEDS A BONE MARROW
      TRANSPLANT ASAP.  They need an  AmerAsian adult
      between the ages of 18
      & 60
      (preferably Cambodian/Caucasian, but Vietnamese, Thai,
      Laos, might also
      work),  They need to be willing to be tested by a
      finger prick for a
      blood
      antigen match, if that works they will take more blood
      for a DNA match,
      then
      they need to be willing to aspirate fluids with a
      needle in their bone
      while
      they are put to sleep.  The Red Cross conducts the
      initial testing free
      of
      charge for minority races  (1-800-marrow2.

      The bone marrow transplant is for CAROLINE SIMONET, 3
      year old daughter
      of
      Joe and Cindy Simonet.  Daniel I know you can reach
      people so can you
      maybe
      contact Hung ly. There's not much time left for this
      child.

      Contact:
      Marcia Barker, Director
      Adoption Information Services, Inc.