Re: save() and restore() (again)

  • Matt Westcott
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 25, 2008
      --- In canvas-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Heyes"
      <richard.heyes@...> wrote:

      > Well, thank you. Still don't "get" it. Fortunately I haven't needed
      > save() or restore() yet. Mind you, I wouldn't would I... :-)

      I think the key to understanding it is realising that scale(),
      rotate(), translate() and transform() change the coordinate system (so
      that, for example, the point (0,0) becomes somewhere else besides the
      top-left corner) - NOT the current pen position or the appearance of
      anything that's been drawn already. It's the coordinate system that is
      being remembered by save() and restore() (along with some other bits
      and pieces like fill style).
    • Richard Heyes
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 25, 2008
        Hi,

        > I think the key to understanding it is realising that scale(),
        > rotate(), translate() and transform() change the coordinate system (so
        > that, for example, the point (0,0) becomes somewhere else besides the
        > top-left corner) - NOT the current pen position or the appearance of
        > anything that's been drawn already. It's the coordinate system that is
        > being remembered by save() and restore() (along with some other bits
        > and pieces like fill style).

        Now that helps. I think based on that, I don't imagine I'd need too
        much, if at all.

        --
        Richard Heyes

        HTML5 Graphing for FF, Chrome, Opera and Safari:
        http://www.phpguru.org/RGraph