RE: [canondigicamhacking] Re: Autofocus lens problem

  • Ed A
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 12, 2012
      I had a similar problem in the past. Not the whirling thing, but it won't take photos. I turns out that the contacts were not perfectly in line because I accidentally pushed the lense release and the lense was slightly turn away from the locked position. It won't take photos because, I guess, there wasn't a focused area.

      Sent from Samsung Mobile"davidbinks@..." <davebinks@...> wrote:No its definitely the lens. The servo motor whirrs but is obviously not connected to the gear box.

      I have abandoned it and bought a replacement which works fine on the body..

      Thanks for your help anyway.

      Dave

      --- In canondigicamhacking@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Levin" <klevin99@...> wrote:

      > Maybe it's not the lens but the camera body. For instance if the mirror
      > were dirty, it could interfere with autofocus.
      >

      > It is also possible that the contacts between the lens and camera body are
      > corroded.
      >

      > I suggest trying the lens on another camera body.
      >

      > Ken

    • Yahoo Cosmin
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 12, 2012
        If you have Canon EOS 450
        On - off your camera.

        If problem is solved then you must do firmware update

        Sent from my ASUS Pad