Re: [canondigicamhacking] Autofocus lens problem

  • BINKS DAVID
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 15, 2012
      I dropped my camera and lens - hard. The camera survived, but the lens no
      longer autofocussed, just manually.
      I took the end off and peeped inside, but abandoned the idea of doing it
      myself - it was all printed circuit boards.
      I simply bought another new lens at a price that would only buy an hour or
      two of a repairman's time, never mind any parts.

      One day I will have another go at fixing the old one, but doubt I'll
      succeed.

      --
      Dave Binks

      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 11, 2012
        No its definitely the lens. The servo motor whirrs but is obviously not connected to the gear box.

        I have abandoned it and bought a replacement which works fine on the body..

        Thanks for your help anyway.

        Dave

        --- In canondigicamhacking@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Levin" <klevin99@...> wrote:

        > Maybe it's not the lens but the camera body. For instance if the mirror
        > were dirty, it could interfere with autofocus.
        >

        > It is also possible that the contacts between the lens and camera body are
        > corroded.
        >

        > I suggest trying the lens on another camera body.
        >

        > Ken

      • Ed A
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 12, 2012
          I had a similar problem in the past. Not the whirling thing, but it won't take photos. I turns out that the contacts were not perfectly in line because I accidentally pushed the lense release and the lense was slightly turn away from the locked position. It won't take photos because, I guess, there wasn't a focused area.

          Sent from Samsung Mobile"davidbinks@..." <davebinks@...> wrote:No its definitely the lens. The servo motor whirrs but is obviously not connected to the gear box.

          I have abandoned it and bought a replacement which works fine on the body..

          Thanks for your help anyway.

          Dave

          --- In canondigicamhacking@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Levin" <klevin99@...> wrote:

          > Maybe it's not the lens but the camera body. For instance if the mirror
          > were dirty, it could interfere with autofocus.
          >

          > It is also possible that the contacts between the lens and camera body are
          > corroded.
          >

          > I suggest trying the lens on another camera body.
          >

          > Ken

        • Yahoo Cosmin
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 12, 2012
            If you have Canon EOS 450
            On - off your camera.

            If problem is solved then you must do firmware update

            Sent from my ASUS Pad