Repurposing the flash from a Powershot A95

  • q
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 17, 2012
      I was recently given a broken Powershot A95. I would like to reuse the flash as a macro flash. I have an Arduino micro-controller that can be used to send signals to it, but I need to know either what the signals should be or how to determine them without destroying the flash :)

      Can anyone help with this?
    • bruce parsons
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 18, 2012
        You should check out the site www.instructables.com You will find numerous instrutables dealing with flashes in lncluding this one that uses an Arduino as a controller http://www.instructables.com/id/Arduino-Flash-Controller-for-Photography/To: canondigicamhacking@yahoogroups.com
        From: etfrench@...
        Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 02:02:10 +0000
        Subject: [canondigicamhacking] Repurposing the flash from a Powershot A95