LTM M39 to EOS adapters with infinity

  • k_lee_c_h
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 10, 2012
      Does anyone know where to find, or to make, an adapter to use Leica screwmount M39 lenses on EOS and yet maintain infinity? I accept that only the EOS cameras with mirror-up options would be able to use this adapter.

      Would like to mount my 15/4.5 ultra-wide voigtlander on EOS 5D...
    • wm.merritt@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 11, 2012
        I know there were a few offers on eBay a awhile back along with the M42 mount adapters. I would start there.
      • ccs_hello
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 12, 2012
          There is none, without having an optical correction lens (actually a Barlow lens) built-in to the adapter. The adapters with lens nowadays are not of grade quality (changing your $$$$$ Leica lens into a $ no-name lens).

          Leica Screw Mount (M39)'s flange back distance is just 28.8mm, while Canon EF mount is 44mm. Without optics in between, it will always be just a macro lens.

          ccs_hello

          --- In canondigicamhacking@yahoogroups.com, "k_lee_c_h" <kelvinlee@...> wrote:

          > Does anyone know where to find, or to make, an adapter to use Leica screwmount M39 lenses on EOS and yet maintain infinity? I accept that only the EOS cameras with mirror-up options would be able to use this adapter.
          >
          > Would like to mount my 15/4.5 ultra-wide voigtlander on EOS 5D...

        • GH
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 13, 2012
            Ebay does have M39 to EOS adapters occasionally but as ccs_hello explained, you cannot use it with your LTM 15mm/4.5 lens and Canon DSLR. This adapter is for M39 SLR lenses. As far as I know, only Russians made a significant number of M39 mount SLRs such as Zenit 3M.