Question about time settings

  • john_g0thi
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 19, 2010
      Does anyone know of software that will allow me to sync the 300d time to pc time? I currently have software to sync the pc time to GPS time and figured if I can sync the camera to the pc it will make geotagging quite a bit easier.

      Thanks in advance,
      trin
    • Fábio Pazzini
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 20, 2010
        You can use Canon's own software, EOS Utility, that connects your camera to
        the pc, because one of it's functions is to sinc the time. It's free, and
        you can download updated versions from Canon's website.

        Fabio

        > 1. Question about time settings
        > Posted by: "john_g0thi" trintek@... john_g0thi
        > Date: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:39 pm ((PDT))
        >
        > Does anyone know of software that will allow me to sync the 300d time to pc
        > time? I currently have software to sync the pc time to GPS time and figured
        > if I can sync the camera to the pc it will make geotagging quite a bit
        > easier.
        >
        > Thanks in advance,
        > trin

      • Steve Yeager
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 20, 2010
          If you have the original CD, you can install EOS utility and download the
          upgrade, which, in fact, is the full copy of software. However it won't
          install, unless you have the original CD or EOS utility previously
          installed. But there is a simple registry trick to fool it. Sorry, I don't
          have it at hand, but you can easily find it on Google by using something
          like "installing EOS utility" or similar. EOS utility let's you modify some
          other data, like the name of the owner.

          You can use Canon's own software, EOS Utility, that connects your camera to
          the pc, because one of it's functions is to sinc the time. It's free, and
          you can download updated versions from Canon's website.

          Fabio

          > 1. Question about time settings
          > Posted by: "john_g0thi" trintek@... <mailto:trintek%40gmail.com>
          john_g0thi
          > Date: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:39 pm ((PDT))
          >
          > Does anyone know of software that will allow me to sync the 300d time to
          pc
          > time? I currently have software to sync the pc time to GPS time and
          figured
          > if I can sync the camera to the pc it will make geotagging quite a bit
          > easier.
          >
          > Thanks in advance,
          > trin

        • J. Trinity Cosby
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 20, 2010
            Thanks for the responses. I bought the camera body used a while back with no
            accessories and in semi-broken condition, brought it back from the dead and
            have just been using a cf card dongle to read/write. I will grab a copy of
            the software tonight and get it setup while doing the other maintenance on
            the netbook, thanks for the help.

            trin