eos 300d hack

  • cmiguelcabral
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 16, 2008
      Hi,

      I'm new to the group - thanks for accepting me in!

      I want to install one of the hacks available to the eos300d, but I'm
      not quite sure which one to choose: 'wasia' or 'undutchables'?

      Also, using one of those hacks will I be able to use different speeds
      while using flash, like for example 1/1000 and flash on?

      thanks,
      carlos
    • cmiguelcabral
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 16, 2008
        I just read faq.txt which answers my first question! any takes on the
        second one?

        thanks

        --- In canondigicamhacking@yahoogroups.com, "cmiguelcabral"
        <cmiguelcabral@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I'm new to the group - thanks for accepting me in!
        >
        > I want to install one of the hacks available to the eos300d, but I'm
        > not quite sure which one to choose: 'wasia' or 'undutchables'?
        >
        > Also, using one of those hacks will I be able to use different speeds
        > while using flash, like for example 1/1000 and flash on?
        >

        > thanks,
        > carlos

      • Roy Gao
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 16, 2008
          No you will only 1/200sec with flash on.

          >I just read faq.txt which answers my first question! any takes on the
          > second one?
          >
          > thanks
          >
          > --- In canondigicamhacking@yahoogroups.com, "cmiguelcabral"
          > <cmiguelcabral@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> Hi,
          >>
          >> I'm new to the group - thanks for accepting me in!
          >>
          >> I want to install one of the hacks available to the eos300d, but I'm
          >> not quite sure which one to choose: 'wasia' or 'undutchables'?
          >>
          >> Also, using one of those hacks will I be able to use different speeds
          >> while using flash, like for example 1/1000 and flash on?
          >>

          >> thanks,
          >> carlos

        • Steve Sprengel
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 16, 2008
            Being able to use a flash above 1/200th is a function of the particular flash's capabilities, which must have FP (focal-plane) mode, that indicates the flash can pulse continuously while the shutter slit is moving across the sensor to make the effective shutter speed higher than the physical maximum of 1/200th.

            You cannot set FP mode on the camera even if you have applied a hack, but a flash with the capability typically has a way to set this mode.

            No you will only 1/200sec with flash on.

            >I just read faq.txt which answers my first question! any takes on the
            > second one?
            >
            > thanks
            >
            > --- In canondigicamhacking@yahoogroups.com, "cmiguelcabral"
            > <cmiguelcabral@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> Hi,
            >>
            >> I'm new to the group - thanks for accepting me in!
            >>
            >> I want to install one of the hacks available to the eos300d, but I'm
            >> not quite sure which one to choose: 'wasia' or 'undutchables'?
            >>
            >> Also, using one of those hacks will I be able to use different speeds
            >> while using flash, like for example 1/1000 and flash on?
            >>

            >> thanks,
            >> carlos

          • cmiguelcabral
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 17, 2008
              thanks for the info!

              any recommendations on (cheap) flashs that support this, canon or not?

              --- In canondigicamhacking@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Sprengel"