Powershot focus calibration

  • Michal Huflejt
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2008
      Hi !
      I've replaced a lens unit im my broken Powershot S70 (I got this new
      part directly from Canon service which was cheaper that the whole repair).
      The camera works, although the focus distance is wrong... By manual
      focusing I determined, that for the wide zoom the infinity is at about
      50cm...Macro works. AF has difficulties to get the picture sharp. At the
      telephoto setting (max zoom) the infinity is around 2m. It seems there
      is calibration needed... maybe some new values must be written to flash ?

      Is there any software available for calibration ? Is there any *.ini
      file somewhere in the camera memory ? Is such calibration needed at all
      ? Maybe the problem lies somewhere else ? (Although the lens unit was
      brand new, even the electrical contacts were "virgins", never mounted on
      any camera).

      Please help!
      Michal
    • Laxminarayan Kamath
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2008
        Hi,

        have you chosen the right type of lens/add-on lens in the menu? I
        mean if there is a choice.?

        Just a guess.

        --
        Laxminarayan Kamath Ammembal
        (+91) 9945036093
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2008
          Pls suggest a extra tool or firmware mod or even a replacement
          firmware for the Powershot A460.
          I am severely limited by its restricted functions.
          I got it as one of my prizes on winning a state-level quiz, so I can't
          replace it with a DSLR though I have the budget within my limits.
          Pleeeeeeeeeeease Helpppppppppp!!!!!!!!
        • Laxminarayan Kamath
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 1, 2008
            On Feb 2, 2008 6:04 AM, Rajath Vasudev Moodithaya <rajathvsm@...>
            wrote:

            > Pls suggest a extra tool or firmware mod or even a replacement
            > firmware for the Powershot A460.

            Have you contacted flammarr@... ? On
            http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/A460, he says "I also want to extend my
            a460's capabilities. I am ready do to