Pinhole hack - Anybody ever removed the lens on a canon compact?

  • halpeder
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 5, 2007
      I'm looking to remove the lens off a fairly new compact - haven't
      decided on which one - and I'm looking for pointers.

      Has anybody ever done this? And got it to work? Also, has anybody ever
      removed the lens and put on a manual focus/aperture lens?

      Does anybody know if there are any hardware anti hacking/warranty void
      sensors to make the camera inoperable if opened or parts are removed?

      All these questions concern canon compacts, but if somebody has other
      suggestions, please comment! ;)

      Thanx!
    • k_lee_c_h
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 7, 2007
        no, but there is no need to. Just make your own pinhole aperture and stick it on the front
        of the lens.