Retrieve serial number of PowerShot A75?

  • yossidme
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 8, 2007
      The serial number of my PowerShot A75 has rubbed off the label. Any
      advice on how to read the S/N from the camera?

      Thanks,

      YossiD
    • kvoz123
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 11, 2007
        --- In canondigicamhacking@yahoogroups.com, "yossidme" <ydavid@...> wrote:

        > The serial number of my PowerShot A75 has rubbed off the label. Any
        > advice on how to read the S/N from the camera?

        Take any shot from your camera. After this, try to use 'exiftool'
        program and re-route it output to file. Search for something
        similar to 'internal serial number'. I don't know, is it match
        with number on the lost label, but, at least, you will have
        something.

        Volodymyr
      • Joel M. Baldwin
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 11, 2007
          --On Sunday, July 08, 2007 12:54 PM +0000 yossidme <ydavid@...>
          wrote:

          > The serial number of my PowerShot A75 has rubbed off the label. Any
          > advice on how to read the S/N from the camera?
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > YossiD

          Have you checked all the EXIF data in the photos?

          I can see the serial# of my 300D from within CS3 bridge.
        • bela_cseke
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 12, 2007
            --- In canondigicamhacking@yahoogroups.com, "yossidme" <ydavid@...> wrote:

            > The serial number of my PowerShot A75 has rubbed off the label. Any
            > advice on how to read the S/N from the camera?
            >
            > Thanks,
            >
            > YossiD

            Yes You can access via EXIF information -like qumqats-. Its enough a
            simple free pictureviewer program, like irfanview whit own plugins,
            and in the menu you find the picture information and bellow the exif
            datas. This content the as well as the serial number. I not remember
            exactly free or not but you can use also the exifer program.

            Bela
          • yossidme
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 19, 2007
              Thanks for the suggestions. Before posting my query I checked the EXIF
              data using IrfanView, but didn't find any serial number information.
              Now I've tried using ExifTool as you suggested, but still nothing. So
              it looks like the A75 serial number isn't stored in the EXIF data.

              Thanks just the same.