Re: Setting Wakia Hack firmware update for Canon300D

  • San Diego Paul
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 11, 2007
      Mine don't work either. When I follow the sequence below it always
      reverts back to the default setting that's in the hack. After the
      final press of the SET button, the previous option shows even though
      I have changed it.
      ----
      For instance: I will to to 'Shutter release possible w/o CF card.'

      1: Press the SET button

      2: Arrow up to change the setting to NOT possible

      3: Press the SET button again

      At this time, the cursor moves to the top right of the window, and
      the setting reverts back to 'Possible without CF card' which is what
      I am trying to change.
      ----

      I can go through all of the settings in the custom menu and have the
      same result. I hit SET to enter the menu, then change the setting
      and press SET again. The option reverts back to what it was set to
      before, and the highlight moves to the top right of the window.

      -Help?? And where is there a guide that shows just exactly what all
      of these settings DO? (assuming that I will eventually be able to
      set/change any of them?))

      My camera is a hacked 300D

      -Paul in San Diego