Re: [canondigicamhacking] Remote Control Software?

  • Simon Taylor
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2006
      PSRemote comes with a command line application, and code, called
      PSRemoteTest - do a search for more details. You have to have PSRemote
      running in the background, you use psremotetest to send it commands
      (eg take a photo with fX and Yms exposure time)

      I've used it to run a webcam (the periodically updated photo kind),
      though I found I had to restart the computer every 24 hours for full
      reliability (Not sure if this is a limitation of PSRemote or the Canon
      A70 I'm using)

      PS This is a bit off topic for digicamhacking! Try to keep things on
      topic please :)

      On 25/06/06, whatyoulookin <whatyoulookin@...> wrote:
      > I'm wondering if anyone knows of any remote control software for the
      > Powershots? I've used the commercial app PSRemote, which works pretty
      > well, but ideally I'd like something that runs in pure commandline.
      >
      > There's a great app for Nikon Coolpix 990 (and a bunch of other
      > cameras) called PhotoPC, it's here:
      >
      > http://www.math.ualberta.ca/imaging/
      >
      > It would be great if there was something like this for Powershots. I'm
      > surprised there isn't, given that Canon released the SDK.
      >
      > I work with the Python programming language, I wish Canon released the
      > SDK in that, or that I was better with C.
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Chaz
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 5, 2006
        Canon releases Firmware Update for EOS 5D and EOS-1D Mark II N
        EOS 5D Firmware Update Version 1.1.0

        Firmware specification changes
        This firmware update incorporates the following additional functions and corrections:
        Enhancement of direct printing with specific printers.
        Correction of the communication errors that occurred when shooting with EOS 5D and EOS Capture
        software after shooting about 138 shots.
        Correction of the phenomenon in which the flash mode settings are changed from E-TTL to M (Manual)
        when EOS 5D is used in combination with Speedlite Transmitter ST-E2 and Speedlite 580EX.
        This firmware update applies to cameras with firmware versions up to 1.0.5 installed. If your
        camera's firmware is already version 1.1.0, it is not necessary to perform this update.

        For more information: http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eos5d/eos5d_firmware-e.html

        EOS-1D Mark II N Firmware Update Version 1.1.0
        What's new?
        This firmware update (Version 1.1.0) incorporates the following additional functions:

        Enhancement of direct printing with specific printers.

        This firmware update applies to cameras with firmware version up to 1.0.4 installed. If your
        camera's firmware is already version 1.1.0, it is not necessary to perform this update.
        For more information: http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eos1dm2n/eos1dmk2n_firmware-e.html

        Chaz UK