Re: s10sh working with EOS350D ?

  • Dr. Claus Schindler
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2006
      --- In canondigicamhacking@yahoogroups.com, Doug Mitton
      <dmitton40@y...> wrote:

      > Which version of s10sh are you using?
      > Are you using it under Linux (or some other *NIX variant)?
      > Did you compile it yourself?
      I use the following Version:
      s10sh -- Canon PowerShot S10/S20/S100 digital camera software
      Version 0.2.2
      I got it from the Files Section here.
      I am using SuSE Linux version 10.0
      Self compiling did not run, because of failures in main.c
      By the way: Could you please send me the Version 0.2.2C by email ?
      So i can try out the -Z option.

      Many thanks,

      Claus

      > Technically, when using the original version(s) of s10sh you would
      use the
      > -D switch to get the ID bytes for your camera, duplicate a section
      of the
      > source code, edit it for your camera's ID bytes then recompile the
      source.

      > I don't know if anyone has tried the 350D yet. When I added my 300D and
      > my daughters A75 to the source I also added some extra features and a -Z
      > (potentially dangerous) option which automagically detects the ID bytes
      > for the new camera and adds them so you can try it out.
      >
      > I updated the V0.2.2 stream of the software and I added the -Z switch to
      > the V0.2.2B and V0.2.2C versions. I don't know what would happen if
      s10sh
      > is run on a camera that really isn't supported. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
      > For instance, I don't think the 20D is supported. It didn't apparently
      > hurt anything when the owner tried it ... it just didn't work.
      >
      > I have uploaded my version of the source to this groups files area
      and to
      > http://s10sh.sourceforge.net/.
      >
      > Good luck!

    • Doug Mitton
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2006
        On Wed, 1 Feb 2006, Dr. Claus Schindler wrote:

        > --- In canondigicamhacking@yahoogroups.com, Doug Mitton
        > <dmitton40@y...> wrote:
        >
        > > Which version of s10sh are you using?
        > > Are you using it under Linux (or some other *NIX variant)?
        > > Did you compile it yourself?
        > I use the following Version:
        > s10sh -- Canon PowerShot S10/S20/S100 digital camera software
        > Version 0.2.2
        > I got it from the Files Section here.
        > I am using SuSE Linux version 10.0
        > Self compiling did not run, because of failures in main.c
        > By the way: Could you please send me the Version 0.2.2C by email ?
        > So i can try out the -Z option.
        >
        > Many thanks,
        >
        > Claus

        I have just sent my working binary (the whole directory actually) to the
        email address that you posted from. I have never tried this before, that
        is executing a binary compiled on one machine on another different
        machine. I hope it works OK for you. If you ever use this version with a
        300D it has a couple of extra (convenience) features enabled.

        Also, if you send me the -D option ID bytes I will add the 350 to my
        version of the program ... assuming it works that is.

        If you post the compile error messages you received I may be able to help
        find the problem.

        Good luck!

        PS. If this starts to get too far off topic we can move it to email. I'm
        not sure if others are interested.
      • alex_polushin
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 6, 2006
          Transfer protocol changed in EOS 20d/350d, s10sh can't work with new
          protocol without significant modification.

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 7, 2006
            Yes, we continued this in email and found that:
            - gcc V4.x finds 2 errors in the main.c code.
            - the 350D (like the 20D) is not supported with this usb code.

            Now, if someone wants to buy me a 20D or a 350D I'll look into getting it
            to work! :-)

            On Tue, 7 Feb 2006, alex_polushin wrote:

            > Transfer protocol changed in EOS 20d/350d, s10sh can't work with new
            > protocol without significant modification.
            >
            > --- In canondigicamhacking@yahoogroups.com, Doug Mitton
            > <dmitton40@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > On Wed, 1 Feb 2006, Dr. Claus Schindler wrote:
            > >
            > > > --- In canondigicamhacking@yahoogroups.com, Doug Mitton

            > > > I use the following Version:
            > > > s10sh -- Canon PowerShot S10/S20/S100 digital camera software
            > > > Version 0.2.2
            > > > I got it from the Files Section here.
            > > > I am using SuSE Linux version 10.0
            > > > Self compiling did not run, because of failures in main.c
            > > > By the way: Could you please send me the Version 0.2.2C by email ?
            > > > So i can try out the -Z option.
            > > >
            > > > Many thanks,
            > > >
            > > > Claus
            > >
            > > I have just sent my working binary (the whole directory actually)
            > to the
            > > email address that you posted from. I have never tried this
            > before, that
            > > is executing a binary compiled on one machine on another different
            > > machine. I hope it works OK for you. If you ever use this version
            > with a
            > > 300D it has a couple of extra (convenience) features enabled.
            > >
            > > Also, if you send me the -D option ID bytes I will add the 350 to my
            > > version of the program ... assuming it works that is.
            > >
            > > If you post the compile error messages you received I may be able
            > to help
            > > find the problem.
            > >
            > > Good luck!
            > >
            > > PS. If this starts to get too far off topic we can move it to
            > email. I'm
            > > not sure if others are interested.

            Doug Mitton - Brockville, Ontario, Canada
            'City of the Thousand Islands'
            Amateur Radio: VE3DMZ (ve3dmz@...)
            http://www3.sympatico.ca/dmitton/