Reflashing firmware on a Canon G1

  • brentdlawson
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1 9:13 AM
      This is perhaps (and hopefully) an easy one ...

      I believe that the firmware on my Canon G1 has beeen corrupted. I
      simply want to re-flash the firmware with the very same firmware that
      is supposedly in the camera. Canon in their infinite wisdom has
      designed the flash software to check the version number of the
      firmware in the camera. If the "new" firmware version number is less
      than or equal to the "in camera" firmware, it won't flash.

      Any ideas on how to force it to reflash?

      Thanks,

      Brent Lawson
    • Michael Tan

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1 10:16 AM
          When powered on it sometimes comes on, but mostly
          nothing happens. If I take the battery out and put in
          back in, it seems to increase the odds that it'll
          "boot" up. I've tried brand new, fully charged
          batteries with the same result.

          Canon wants a flat $175 to fix the camera. I figure
          it can't hurt to re-flash the firmware, and see if it
          helps.

          Thanks,

          Brent

          --- Michael Tan <michael.tan@...> wrote:

          > What are the problems you are seeing with the G1?
          >
          > On 6/1/05, brentdlawson <brentdlawson@...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > This is perhaps (and hopefully) an easy one ...
          > >
          > > I believe that the firmware on my Canon G1 has
          > beeen corrupted. I
          > > simply want to re-flash the firmware with the very
          > same firmware that
          > > is supposedly in the camera. Canon in their
          > infinite wisdom has
          > > designed the flash software to check the version
          > number of the
          > > firmware in the camera. If the "new" firmware
          > version number is less
          > > than or equal to the "in camera" firmware, it
          > won't flash.
          > >
          > > Any ideas on how to force it to reflash?
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > >
          > > Brent Lawson

          Discover Yahoo!
          http://discover.yahoo.com/weekend.html