Re: [canondigicamhacking] Re: Speedlight

  • hosszu silvestru
    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 1, 2005
      Do not underapreciate the cheaper ST model from Sigma.
      For it price it is more then pretty ok.
      I bought one when i was short on money and i'm quite
      pleased with it.

      S. H.
      --- paxpalin <paxpalin@...> wrote:

      > > I'm sure both the sites' Sigma Canon flashes are
      > the ones that
      > work with
      > > the 300D, though on Red Coon I don't see a Canon
      > Sigma Super
      > listed,
      >
      > Ah, you're right, only Nikon and Pentax ones show up
      > there. My bad.
      >

      > > The Sigma Super is 250-$300 euro. Is that what
      > you were wanting
      > to get,
      > > or were you thinking the cheaper ST was good
      > enough?
      >
      > Yes, thanks, that's the one I need. Compared to the
      > 550 euro price
      > tag for the canon speelights, that's a bargain ;)
      >

      > > The II probably indicates eTTL-II
      >
      > Ah, maybe, yes.
      >

      > > If the full descriptions aren't available on the
      > sites you're
      > looking on,
      >
      > Exactly the problem I was having. No description is
      > given at all.
      >
      > > go to www.bhphoto.com and search using "sigma
      > canon flash" and
      > > you'll get the two models plus the ring flash,
      > then click on the
      > > Features tab for each model.
      > >

      > sure, thanks.
      >
      > Hey, you can't imagine how much I appreciate this
      > feedback. Google
      > was almost useless for me, and I was getting nuts
      > trying to find
      > out more information. Thanks very much.
      >
      > Paxpalin

      http://personals.yahoo.com
    • paxpalin
      Message 2 of 20 , Apr 1, 2005
        Uhm. Nice detail. I'm approaching a shop today. They usually allow
        me testing the thing in place before acquiring the product if
        they're not too sure about something.

        Thanks for the info

      • markscamera@aol.com
        Message 3 of 20 , Apr 1, 2005
          >>>Do not underapreciate the cheaper ST model from Sigma.  For it price it is more then pretty ok.  I bought one when i was short on money and i'm quite pleased with it.<<<

          S. H., what feature set does the flash have?  Does it include rear curtain sync and flash exposure compensation?  How wide is the wide angle coverage on this flash, will it cover 19mm?

          Thanks,
          Mark
        • James Bishop
          Message 4 of 20 , Apr 1, 2005

            I found the specs for it at:

            http://www.sigma-photo.co.jp/english/flash/flash_500_super.htm

            It says this about the angle – how does this wide panel work?

            1. Autozoom function for changing the illumination angle.

             This function automatically sets the optimum illumination angle in accordance with the lens' focal length, in a range from 28 mm to 105 mm. When the built-in Wide Panel is used, the flash can cover the angle of up to that of a 17mm lens.

            >>>Do not underapreciate the cheaper ST model from Sigma.  For it price it is more then pretty ok.  I bought one when i was short on money and i'm quite pleased with it.<<<

            S. H., what feature set does the flash have?  Does it include rear curtain sync and flash exposure compensation?  How wide is the wide angle coverage on this flash, will it cover 19mm?

          • Manager Matt
            Message 5 of 20 , Apr 4, 2005
              480EX $175
              http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&s