RE: [canondigicamhacking] Adobe PhotoShop Plugin

  • Ancu, Florin
    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 1, 2005
      this is an excellent tool too:

      http://www.breezesys.com/index.htm

      florin

      Yes, this is the best raw converter I've seen. However I still can't figure out how to make bulk conversion into jpeg format. Closest so far is to apply raw conversion settings, make web gallery without resizing and then take images from there, but there must be a better way. Any ideas?

      _____
    • James Bishop
      Message 2 of 19 , Feb 1, 2005
        I think it is possible to batch anything in photoshop, but I haven't used
        any of these plugins...

        Have you looked at the photoshop actions (like macros) for batch conversion?
        I have done some batch stuff before like cropping & resizing. This is from
        memory, as I don't have photoshop here, but it goes something like this:

        - start recording an action - look in action tab next to history tab (or
        'actions' on window menu)
        - do the things that you want to be batched, eg import, resize, apply
        filters, etc
        - stop recording the action
        - go to automate\batch on file menu
        - you should be able to select the action you just recorded and apply it to
        a directory of photos...

        Hope this helps... if you get it to work then maybe you can post better
        instructions than these...

        Yes, this is the best raw converter I've seen. However I still can't figure
        out how to make bulk conversion into jpeg format. Closest so far is to
        apply raw conversion settings, make web gallery without resizing and then
        take images from there, but there must be a better way. Any ideas?

        _____

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Monte Olsen
        Message 3 of 19 , Feb 1, 2005
          I know this is a dumb question and the answer is online somewhere, but I'll
          be darned if I can find it. I am trying to flash back from the Wasia
          firmware to the original firmware (as crazy as that sounds). I cannot for
          the life of me figure out how to find the Custom Functions to reset them. (I
          reflashed, but I don't think it quite "took" the way it should.)

          Could someone steer me toward a website that has info on reflashing and
          where to find the custom functions?

          Thanks,
        • Monte Olsen
          Message 4 of 19 , Feb 1, 2005
            Photoshop Elements V3.0 has this function and it works very well. Elements
            also has a great photo organizer among other tools. Upgrade price is, I
            think, $59.95.

            Message 5 of 19 , Feb 1, 2005
              Hi
              Try this
              http://f4.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/sNH_QZPwPMcs8TB13qB8yxzHZvjyzPW6IgznaS8mHI3zGY0
              3hxaA--SU9UAqSDiTH6irYcBNuoJQ5bNooH3AbshR7b1kqBA/Wasia%20B7.1%20firmware%20f
              eatures.pdf
              Regards
              Didier

              Message 6 of 19 , Feb 1, 2005
                Look in the menu but first make sure you're in one of the creative
                modes first (ie.: P, Av, Tv, M, etc.).

                Read my PDF for the settings you need to have prior to going back to
                the factory firmware.

                members.rogers.com/tanm/Wasia%20B7.1%20firmware%20features.pdf

                On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 11:09:19 -0800, Monte Olsen <monteolsen@...> wrote:
                > I know this is a dumb question and the answer is online somewhere, but I'll
                > be darned if I can find it. I am trying to flash back from the Wasia
                > firmware to the original firmware (as crazy as that sounds). I cannot for
                > the life of me figure out how to find the Custom Functions to reset them.
                > (I
                > reflashed, but I don't think it quite "took" the way it should.)
                >
                > Could someone steer me toward a website that has info on reflashing and
                > where to find the custom functions?
                >
                > Thanks,

              • idl7
                Message 7 of 19 , Feb 2, 2005
                  There is also a free tool from Canon: Digital Photo Professionnal.
                  You can find it at http://www.powershot.com
                  (shortway: http://tinyurl.com/2ymlh then "Software Applications and
                  Updates")

                  It can do RAW batch conversion and has a lot of options.

                  Ithier
                • Roger Smith
                  Message 8 of 19 , Feb 15, 2005
                    Keep in mind however that the owner of breezesys did not honor his commitments to the people who bought the original BreezeBrowser, so one never knows what will happen in the future.
                    I personally find ACR to be much faster and more effective, in any event. C1 is also very good.
                    Cheers,
                    Roger

                    At 2/1/2005 08:41 AM, you wrote:

                    >this is an excellent tool too:
                    >
                    >http://www.breezesys.com/index.htm
                    >
                    >florin
                    >

                    >Yes, this is the best raw converter I've seen. However I still can't figure out how to make bulk conversion into jpeg format. Closest so far is to apply raw conversion settings, make web gallery without resizing and then take images from there, but there must be a better way. Any ideas?
                    >

                    > _____
                    >

                    >Yahoo! Groups Links

                    Roger Smith - "The Map is not the Territory"
                  • Ancu, Florin
                    Message 9 of 19 , Feb 16, 2005
                      ACR? What's that? Where can I find it?
                      Thanks,
                      Florin

                      Keep in mind however that the owner of breezesys did not honor his commitments to the people who bought the original BreezeBrowser, so one never knows what will happen in the future.
                      I personally find ACR to be much faster and more effective, in any event. C1 is also very good.
                      Cheers,
                      Roger

                    • Steve Sprengel
                      Message 10 of 19 , Feb 16, 2005
                        Adobe Camera Raw 2.4 is available as an UPGRADE for Photoshop CS.

                        To get it you go the adobe.com / Support / Download / Photoshop-Windows:

                        www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=39&platform=Windows

                        Message 11 of 19 , Feb 16, 2005
                          Its not an upgrade, its a free UPDATE to Photoshop CS. In other words, you pay nothing to get it.
                          Cheers,
                          Roger