8286Re: Boot image for the 300D?

  • Mark
    Jul 16, 2013
      I use MS stuff at work, and have a few favorite programs that run under Windows. I also have a ton of stuff I love under Linux, so for me I need both (or I guess I could run a VM nowadays) to run all the apps I want to have. The Linux box is normally shell-access, and houses all my web-apps, file share, firewall, etc, and the graphical stuff particularly games, are under Windows.

      I just picked up an ancient Wacom, partially for using in Gimp to help with post processing, but also for drafting applications (I'm trying to design a few laser-cut items, and it's been 20 years since I had a drafting class.) and who knows what else it will be useful for.

      I also just got another 300D off of Ebay, it's working, but has the broken secondary mirror pin. I need to see if I can repair the mirror ... this one's pretty bad, the spring's just hanging there, so I need to figure out how to get it back in place. Or I can mix and match with my 300D with the broken firmware and have one good camera. If I can get both working again, one of the 300D's is going to have the IR filter removed from the sensor stack, so I can do IR photography.

      Mark

      --- In canondigicamhacking@yahoogroups.com, "Fred A. Miller"
      > Well, not much good I can say about MickySoft. I normally build my own
      > boxen....this one is an Intel i7 2600 based system running reliably at
      > 4.3Ghz. and 16G fast RAM. CPU and RAM is cooled quite well. It's a nice
      > box to use Gimp for post processing images from my Canon 7D.
      >
      > Fred
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic