8266Re: Autofocus lens problem

  • MICHAEL D
    Sep 15, 2012
      I would suggest the following:
      1. Try shooting in manual focus
      2. Clean the contacts on both the camera body and lens
      3. Do you have another lens and does that work ok? Just checking its a problem in the lens and not the body.
      4. Did you try using the lens with IS turned off
      5. Does the focus motor sound any different when it does focus.

      As Matt suggested below it might be time to go shopping for a new lens as the repair cost might be more than a replacement. I am guessing this is the kit lens.

      Good luck

      Michael