8264Re: [canondigicamhacking] Autofocus lens problem

  • Fred A. Miller
    Sep 15, 2012
      On 09/15/2012 01:11 AM, iSloke wrote:
      > Hi all,
      >
      > I have a EFS Canon 18-55mm IS lens. The other day I took it to the beach. I never got any sand on it that I know of, and nothing noticeable happened to the lens. A few hours after I left I tried to take pictures, and it won't. The little focus squares don't flash, and so the camera won't fire. It turns out that if I turn the focus ring completely out of focus, then when I press the fire button the motor will turn it back into focus then fire. It seems like it only won't focus or fire when it is slightly out of focus.
      >
      > I'm thinking that maybe some micro sand in the air or even the salty air effected the lens. Is there any thing I can do to fix it? Can I clean something?

      If you can't see it, you can't clean it. 'Sounds like a needed return to
      Canon.....sorry!

      Fred

      --
      How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides
      the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog,