8261Autofocus lens problem

  • iSloke
    Sep 14, 2012
      Hi all,

      I have a EFS Canon 18-55mm IS lens. The other day I took it to the beach. I never got any sand on it that I know of, and nothing noticeable happened to the lens. A few hours after I left I tried to take pictures, and it won't. The little focus squares don't flash, and so the camera won't fire. It turns out that if I turn the focus ring completely out of focus, then when I press the fire button the motor will turn it back into focus then fire. It seems like it only won't focus or fire when it is slightly out of focus.

      I'm thinking that maybe some micro sand in the air or even the salty air effected the lens. Is there any thing I can do to fix it? Can I clean something?

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic