8255Re: There are hacks for the 350D and 400D out there

  • sharpstik
    Mar 16, 2012
      And that's what this group is for, sharing information. Would you please add that link in the links section?
      I'll update the homepage and files with that.
      I have a 350D too and am glad to see this.
      bill keiser - moderator

      > I just joined, and the out-of-date FAQ I received upon arrival here states that there are no other hacked EOS digicams. I've just gotten my first DSLR, a Rebel XT (350D) and I found a forum where they discuss a CF-card based hack, which can be read into the camera upon booting and allows lots of added features, like spot metering, custom color temp, exposure bracketing, "safe-shift" in Av and Tv(?), total shutter counts, time-lapse settings, ISOs up to 3200, etc. Very different than the 300D hacking, because of the different OS the newer cameras run (different architecture, too, ARM vs X86.)
      > More info here: http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/350D

      > Scott in Penfield NY
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic