Happy V-Day!

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2006
      Newsletter:

      Hello! I wanted to let everyone know about some cool events coming up and some good
      news.

      On Wednesday, Feb. 15, I'll be introducing one of my all-time favorite films "Philadelphia
      Story" at the Modern Art Museum in Fort Worth, Texas. The event begins at 7 p.m. Tickets
      to see the film are $7.50 or you can come to the fun reception they are having for me after
      the film for $20 and hang out with the cool people. It will be a fun night, and if you
      haven't seen that film, please do.

      On Thursday, Feb. 16, I'll be teaching a condensed version of our Dream Big, Write Big
      seminar at the Hurst Public Library at 7 p.m. in Hurst, Texas, with my friend Britta
      Coleman ("Potter Springs"). This seminar is sort of everything you need to know about
      publishing a book in an hour.

      On Saturday, Feb. 18, I'll be in Shreveport, La., teaching Fast Draft to the Romance Writer's
      of America Chapter there, NOLA. These meetings are usually open to the public and it
      takes place at the El Chico's there beginning at 10 a.m. Fast Draft is where I teach writers
      how to get that first draft down in only two weeks.

      Even though it doesn't happen until March 4, I want to make you aware of a really cool
      event. Jodi Thomas ("The Texan's Reward"), Jennifer Archer ("The Me I Used to Be"), "Britta
      Coleman ("Potter Springs"), Laurie Moore ("Constable's Wedding"), Sarah Clark Jordan ("The
      Bossqueen, Little BigBark, and the Sentinel Pup") and me, Candy Havens ("Charmed &
      Dangerous"), will be signing our books at the Lewisville, Texas Barnes & Noble from 2-4
      p.m. It's ask an author day, so you can come and ask us anything. (Well, almost anything.)

      Good News! My editor told me she thought the title "Charmed & Deadly" would be good
      for the third Bronwyn book. I have to agree. I'd thought about "Charmed & Wicked," but I
      may save that for something later. Tell me what you think. You can e-mail me at
      tvscoop@.... Or visit me at my blog.

      Also, "Charmed & Dangerous" placed second in the "Judge A Book By It's Cover" contest. If
      you'd like to see the winners you can visit: http://www.hbarwa.com/contest/
      winners_cat.php?cat=3.

      You guys, I love to hear from you and the easiest way to do that is to visit my blog. I have
      interviews with other great writers there, and I keep you updated on what's going in my
      world. You can get there through my website www.candacehavens.com (Then click on
      blog) or go to http://candyhavens.livejournal.com/.

      Remember to spread the love this month and buy everyone you know a copy of "Charmed
      & Dangerous."

      Happy Valentine's Day to you all!

      Hugs

      Candy Havens