9News!

    Aug 29, 2006
      Hello!

      I don't know about you, but I'm ready for fall. I love the crisp
      weather; the lovely pumpkin smells and the snuggly warm sweaters. It
      always makes me want to run out and buy school supplies, even if I
      don't need them.

      It's hard to believe that in just one week, Tuesday, Sept. 5, the
      second book "Charmed & Ready" hits bookshelves. I can't wait for you
      to read it. This time around Bronwyn has her hands full protecting a
      rock star, who creates big problems for her relationship with Sam.

      I'd love to know if you see the book on shelves and you can e-mail me
      at tvscoop@... to tell me where. The first big book signing
      is Saturday, Sept. 9, from 2-4 p.m. at the North Richland Hills, TX,
      Barnes & Noble. It's a big party and I hope to see you there. Remember
      word of mouth is important for new authors launching a series so be
      sure to tell your friends about the books.

      For any of you interested in writing, I've opened a free online
      workshop. Beginning Sept. 12, I'll teach my Fast Draft class, which is
      how to write your first draft in two weeks. You can participate in the
      class by going to Write_Workshop-subscribe@yahoogroups.com and joining
      the yahoo group. Each month I'll be teaching a new class.

      If you love books, you'll also want to check out my new column for
      freshfiction.com I'll be talking about what's going on in the world of
      books and I'll share e-mails and interviews from authors who have
      books coming out.

      I wish you the happiest of seasons.

      -Candy Havens
      www.candacehavens.com