invitation to a ritual chants learning/developing group in Victoria

  • Pashta MaryMoon
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 2010
      Hi folks,

      Kala-vi (in Victoria) --
      http://victoria.tc.ca/Religion/Kala-vi/ -- is sponsoring a ritual
      chants learning/developing group, which will start on July 13th
      (Tuesday evening) 7-9 pm. We don't know how long it will continue
      -- but probably as long as there is continuing interest (for now,
      every second Tuesday evening).

      The purpose is to better learn the chants that we used in
      our Wiccan/Pagan rituals (all of us -- not just Kala-vi), and add
      more to the repertoire; and eventually (hopefully) be able to also
      add harmonies, drumming rhythms, etc. (for those who wish to) -- in
      order to make the ritual use of these chants more powerful. Of
      course, those who just like to sing and want to learn a broader range
      of chants for their own coven or solitary rituals are also welcome to join us.

      Some years ago, I produced a set of Wiccan/Pagan chant tapes
      and an accompanying booklet -- which has the chants divided into
      sections of 'use' (for example, all the chants primarily used for
      casting are together), as well as noting what other purposes each
      chant is particularly useful for. We are hoping to digitalize the
      tapes -- to make it easier to access individual ones, add in new
      chants into the right section, etc. That may take a while to do;
      but eventually we hope to have an updated version that can be easily
      shared. Meanwhile, for the beginning of chants-learning group, we
      will have print-outs of the chants most commonly used to work with.

      If you are interested in joining us -- even for a few
      sessions to learn the most commonly used chants -- please let me
      know, and I will give you further information. Please feel free to
      share this invitation with other Wiccan/Pagan (or
      Wiccan/Pagan-friendly) folks who might be interested.

      In the Soul, and by the Spirit, of All in W/Holiness,
      Pashta MaryMoon
      Blessed Be

      En~chanting Beyond Bedside Singing services http://www.enchanting-beyond.ca/

      E~merging Beyond mediation services http://www.emerging-beyond.ca/

      KALA-VI - Universalist Wiccan group http://victoria.tc.ca/Religion/Kala-vi/

      Pagan Pastoral Outreach http://www.ppo-canada.ca/

      Journal of Quaker Universalists - http://www.universalistfriends.org/uf043.html

      GreenSpirit Resource Papers - Goddess/Divine Feminine
      http://www.greenspirit.org.uk/resources/Goddess.shtml