National Conference!

  • gina_ellis_ca
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 7, 2004
      Announcing Canada's first NATIONAL PAGAN CONFERENCE.

      Theme: Past, Present and Future.

      Place: Edmonton, Alberta, U of Alberta campus.

      When: May 20-23, 2005

      Special guest: Kevin Marron (author of Witches, Pagans, and Magic in
      the New Age. Toronto: Seal Books, 1989). His book was a ground-
      breaking piece on our presence and culture.

      Agenda: There will be panels on the various Pagan paths, on Paganism
      in the various regions of Canada, as well as on the various subjects
      that concern us – interacting with the mainstream community,
      forming "churches" and getting marrying rights, Pagan parenting, how
      are we living our beliefs environmentally, Pagan chaplaincy, etc.
      Would you military Pagans like to organize a panel on being Pagan in
      the Forces?

      Hopefully this will be an annual event, with the second one held in
      some entirely other part of the country (Maritimes?)

      There will be more announcements as information becomes confirmed and
      available. (Like costs – to be determined soon.)

      We are looking for suggestions for panels or talks, and looking for
      participants.

      An open discussion list for all things about the conference other
      than actual planning can be found at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Gaia_Gathering.

      If you want to be part of the planning, contact me or kit@...
      or hawk@....

      And watch our website at http://cnpc.officeprofessor.ca/
    • Adam Goulet
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 13, 2004
        I would definitely be interested in participating in the conference,
        and I think a "Pagan in the Forces" panel is a great idea.