Wonder Girl - Crimebase! Part 4

  • Andrea
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 7 5:09 PM

      Seconds turned to minutes turned to hours...with no relief in sight. The line continued to snake around in front of the amazon powerhouses, now humbled, shackled and continuously spanked by a populace enthralled by the Pharaoh. Citizens booed Wonder Woman and Wonder Girl as they patiently waited their turn in line, as if waiting to vote. Some hissed and spit on the ground at their feet. A few citizens had thought to bring eggs and tomatoes to throw, but only a few had launched theirs, one hitting Dru squarely in the face, before the Sorcerer stepped forward to put a stop to it.

      Indeed, it seemed all he would allow was for citizens to take a whack or three at their star-spangled asses. When a group of overly amorous teens asked to go at them bare-handed, the Sorcerer refused them. When one older gentleman ran a quick hand between Dru's legs, the Sorcerer made quick work of him, stripping him bare and allowing the Empress to paddle him as the crowd laughed with delight. He admonished the throng that they were there only to discipline these two amazonian upstarts, to make an example of them, not to do any lasting damage.

      If that gave Wonder Woman or Wonder Girl any comfort, they did not show it. Dru had long since given up any pretense and let the tears flow from her eyes. She had tried, early on, to keep track of the hours, but after so many spankings she'd given up. They could be in third hour, or the thirteenth, for all she knew. Her bottom was sore, and somehow it never seemed to toughen up to each new person. Each strike hurt with a new and precise pain, and she and her sister continued to cry out at each man, woman and child who lined up.

      They had tried pleading with the populace, but to no avail. If there were under Pharaoh's control, neither Wonder Woman nor Wonder Girl had the power or resources to break it. If they were not...well...that was a portent of something far more sinister. An entire town suddenly turned to evil? Dru tried not to think of it.

      Instead she thought about how things had gone so wrong so fast. Instead of helping two heroines...heroines she didn't even know...they were quickly becoming the butt...she pardoned her own pun...of a horrible joke. How could two non-powered women possibly last so long against foes this powerful? These villains were capable of giving Superman or Batman a serious challenge!

      She thought about how she'd let her sister talk her into this. This wasn't their fight at all! She could have been back home on Paradise Island, celebrating with her sisters and enjoying the games they often held around this time. Instead she'd been killed, revived, electrocuted, nearly pulled apart, her lasso had been taken from her, she'd had her energy drained, and was now getting repeatedly paddled by a group of people she was sworn to save and protect! It wasn't fair! It wasn't right!

      "Stay...strong...Wonder Girl," her sister grunted in the stocks next to her. "Only...thirty...minutes..."

      Only thirty minutes left or thirty minutes past? Dru wondered. Still, if Diana, who'd suffered the exact same torments as she had, could keep her wits about her, then Dru knew she had to as well. Sniffing up the last of her sobs, she braced herself for the next blow. And the next...and the next...

      Then, after a time, they stopped. The group of people stepped back as the Sorcerer unhooked the locks on the stocks and two men helped Dru and Diana up on shaky legs. Every movement was agony, and neither of them were in any position to do anything but whimper and moan as quietly as they could.

      "And so," the Sorcerer addressed the crowd. "This shall stand as a lesson to any hero who might come into this city to threaten great Pharaoh's reign."

      "Hail Pharaoh!" the crowd said in unison.

      Turning the the amazonian sisters, he continued. "You two shall be taken to the city limits. If you return, for any reason, it will be open season on both of you. Am I clear?"

      Neither woman could move, so the Sorcerer deftly moved a hand up over each of their breasts, pinching a nipple hard through their clothing. "I said, Am I Clear?"

      "Uhhnn...Yes!" Diana shouted, Dru quickly following suit. The Sorcerer removed his hands. "Excellent. You shall both go to your fellow heroes and tell them not to come here. That we are simply too powerful and that if they do, two of your own shall surely die. Am I clear?" he brought his threatening hands up again. Both women quickly nodded yes to him, not wanting to endure his hands on them again. Dru frowned. She had imagined him to be somewhat noble (for a villain) when he'd forced the other people away from touching or violating them. Apparently he'd only been saving them for himself.

      They were led by the two men to a waiting pickup truck. Two sets of shackles hung off the back tailgate, and they were quickly harnessed to it by their hands.

      "William and Jerome here will drive you both out of town. Of course you'll have to keep up with them. Although I supposed if they violate the speed limit that might prove difficult. But you won't do that will you, boys?"

      "No sir," one of them said with a wink.

      "We're good citizens," the other chimed in, laughing.

      "Well, if they do, I supposed you could let yourself be dragged, but truthfully, you've had enough done to you in the past day, haven't you? I'd try to keep up if I were you. It's only fifteen miles out of town, after all."

      "N-no..." Dru moaned as the engine started up. A crowd had lined up on both sides of the street and as the truck started to move both women helplessly let themselves be pulled behind it. It moved slowly at first, so they could walk at a slow pace, their hands held out in front of them. The jeers and catcalls of the crowd as they were paraded down the street stung in their ears.

      "Go home, Wonder Wusses!" a young boy called out.

      "The Pharaoh - one, the Amazons - zero!" another yelled.

      "William, pick up the pace! Let's see them titties bounce!" an older man hooted. Suddenly the truck revved and sped up slightly, forcing the women into a slow trot. Dru stumbled slightly but was able to regain her footing, which delighted and disappointed the crowd at the same time.

      "Don't bother trying to jump in the payload bin," one of the drivers called back. "Not unless you like gettin' electrocuted!"

      Diana nodded at a fairly large battery that had cables hooked up to the cargo area of the truck. No doubt if they touched any of the flooring it wouldn't end well for either of them. All they could do is run and hope they could keep pace with the ever-increasing speed of the truck.

      Eventually the crowd died out behind them and the truck winded along one of the roads leading out beyond the city limits. Heavy trees began to line both sides of the road, which became more and more broken up and difficult to run on as they went. Naturally, the truck sped up even more, forcing the amazons to fight against the agony wracking their powerful bodies as they did their best to keep one foot in front of the other.

      "Wonder Woman!" Dru finally cried out. "I...I can't!"

      "You have to...nnggh...we have to..." her sister gritted her teeth. This wasn't any easier for her than it was for Dru. They continued to keep pace, but as the car sped up their trot quickly turned into a jog and finally a sprint.

      "Diana!" Dru cried. "I'm...I'm going to..."

      Suddenly, the truck slowed. Dru looked weakly to her sister, who shared the same confusion. They had come far, but certainly not fifteen miles.  William stopped the car and he and Jerome got out.

      "Alright ladies," William smiled. "Let's get down to business."  It didn't take a genius to figure out what they meant by that. Jerome was already unbuckling his belt. Both women pulled frantically at their bonds, but to no avail. Even if they could break free, they'd undergone too much, had too much done to them, to be able to resist them for long.

      "Never had me no Amazon," one of them smiled. "Or a superheroine. This 'gon be fun!"

      "Wonder Girl," Wonder Woman said firmly. "This won't be pleasant, but we may not be -"

      A distant engine growl interrupted her sentence. Suddenly a station wagon burst into view and slammed hard into Jerome, slamming him into the truck, which slammed the truck into William, and threw all of them, with the two amazons attached, off the road and into a small ditch. As Diana collided into Dru, their foreheads clunked together and they quickly drifted into unconsciousness. The last thing Dru saw was a lone figure approaching them...a figure that looked a lot like Mr. Heflin.

      * * *

       Dru weakly opened her eyes and tried to move, immediately regretting it. Every fiber of her body felt as if it had been torn to shreds then reattached clumsily. She was hanging, suspended, by her hands. She frowned. Who had them now? And what fiendish torture did they have in store for her and her sister?

      As if in response, Frank Heflin came into view. "Ah," he sounded pleased as he saw Dru was now conscious. "Good!"

      "Good?" Dru whined. "Let me down!"

      "Oh, of course, of course," Frank nodded, scurrying to release her from her bonds. As she regained her footing she began to collapse to the floor, but Frank quickly steadied her. "Easy now. You've been through a lot."

      "Why...why did you hang me like I was in a dungeon, Mr. Heflin?" she asked in confusion.

      "A simple matter, child. You're really in no condition to put any pressure on your...how do I put it..."

      "Her amazonian tush," a familiar voice cut in behind them, and Dru spun around to see her sister, alive and awake. As quickly as she could in her current state she made her way over to embrace her. "What Mr. Heflin is trying to say, Dru, is that neither of us are likely to be sitting down for a while."

      "That's an understatement," Dru agreed. "I...I can't believe we're even alive!"

      "I took the liberty of scanning your bodies for any tracers. And yes, before you ask, they did put a few on you. So it took some time after I abducted you to get you both back here and on the way to healing."

      "Fortunately, we amazons are fairly quick healers," Diana smiled, trying to make the most out of a grim situation.

      "Even still," Frank said with a frown, "I think I've made a mistake calling you two in. It's only made the situation worse for you, me, and for the citizens now under the Pharaoh's control."

      "Frank," Diana moved toward him, "don't even think that way. We've come up against worse than this and pulled through. We're not going to give up now! Are we, Wonder Girl?"

      "Yes," Dru mumbled. "Yes, we are. Or at least I am. Mr. Heflin's right. We're outmatched here. I'm not going back. I quit."

      "What?" Diana said in disbelief.

      "I said 'I QUIT!'" Dru shouted at her. "With all that's happened in the past two days I...I can't take it anymore!"

      "Dru, no!" Diana moved beside her. "I know it seems grim, but we're amazons and we never give up!"

      "Fine," Dru pouted, removing her tiara. "Then I'm not an amazon anymore...sister." She dropped the tiara at Diana's feet and purposefully walked away. Wonder Woman stood there, dumbfounded, as Frank quietly walked up next to her.

      "She may be right, you know," Frank offered. "Everyone underestimated what Lori and Judy could do...did...to protect this city. They thought they were just two oversexed do-gooders in spandex who continuously got lucky fighting crime. Now...well, maybe now people with think differently about them."

      "This is something different, Frank," Wonder Woman barely acknowledged his presence. "This is something I haven't seen in my sister before...she's afraid. For maybe the first time in her life, she's genuinely tasted fear."

      "Well...but...everyone's afraid of something," Frank said.

      "Not Dru," Diana said, almost in a whisper. "As long as I've known her, she's always been the boldest of all my people. Someday it was my hope she'd replace me as the ambassador to man's world. Now...well...who knows what will happen to her?"

      * * *

      What indeed? Will Dru's red, blue and gold uniform need a yellow streak up the back?

      How will they ever succeed in saving a city when everyone is set against them?

      And will either of them ever be able to sit comfortably again?

      Answers...next installment!

    • camping_out_with_wonder_girl-owner@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 8 11:41 AM
        Another inspired chapter... High points? Dru getting her face splattered by a tomato, or was it an egg, and the tittie-bounce run. William and Jerome must have had a grand old time, as did the crowd, before Frank came to the rescue. I know I did! Looking forward to the next installment, natch... Thanks again, Andrea! Best, TZ