Re: Wonder Girl - Girl Wonder Part 10

  • camping_out_with_wonder_girl-owner@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 26, 2013
      Hope you enjoy the Black Scorpion club, Dale! Again, anything where the goody two-shoes superheroine is goofed on via outrageous peril scenarios pretty much captures the essence of what we're going for here. ElectraWoman and DynaGirl are excellent examples, and the Spandex Tights take-off was just wonderful. Black Scorpion might be darker and tougher as a character, but she's so in the Batman mold that a campy treatment was inevitable. Wonder Woman and Wonder Girl are ideal, of course, because of their Amazon purity and slightly dorky dedication to duty. All I can say is, have fun with the rampant possibilities, fans! TZ101

      --- In camping_out_with_wonder_girl@yahoogroups.com, "Dale" <dalelaroy@...> wrote:

      > Thanks for the heads up. I forgot to mention Electra Woman and Dyna Girl. Although I like Black Scorpion better, if I now understand camp, Electra Woman and Dyna Girl is campier. Of course, you have to go non-live action to match the campiness of Batman. The Perils of Penelope Pitstop might do, and the Electra Woman and Dyna Girl inspired comic book series Spandex Tights, the Adventures of the Aerobic Duo would definitely do.
      >
      > --- In camping_out_with_wonder_girl@yahoogroups.com, camping_out_with_wonder_girl-owner@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > > --- In camping_out_with_wonder_girl@yahoogroups.com, "Andrea" <akakramer88@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > The home page of the group pretty much spells it out - what if we were to put Dru in situations as seen in shows like Batman or The Man from Uncle, etc. The floor's wide open, though...hence the "don't feel limited" by those shows. They're just what float *my* boat, so to speak. I'd really love to see some Black Scorpion stuff in here...maybe a team-up? How would Dru handle a "partner" all into heavy leather and darkness?
      > > >
      > > > I generally keep to a couple rules as far as what "camp" entails - make it fun, funny, sexy, whatever - but in the end the good guys don't die or get mangled or disfigured or anything horrifying. No snuff. It's not exciting (at least not to me) to read about Dru getting killed or losing a limb. It is exciting to me to have her knocked out in front of a vending machine she's shackled to, or hit by the dreaded Alvino Ray gun, etc....knowing she'll get out of it somehow by the time the story ends.

    • Andrea
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 3, 2013
        Funny you mention Electra Woman & Dyna Girl - I was thinking my next fanfic might involve some of their perils hitting WW & WG in the place of Lori & Judy. There were some good ones -

        - Solaris, an untouchable energy beast that knocked the spandex duo out cold.
        - The Empress of Evil pulling them both apart in a magical stretching spell
        - Glitter Rock's hypnotic guitar
        - Spider Lady replacing Diana and having poor Dru as her partner.
        - And of course, the eventual turning Wonder Girl evil (complete with black lipstick!) :)

        Some fun possibilities in there, for sure!

        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 3, 2013
          Fun, indeed. The "evil" Dru sounds great (it was certainly an opportunity for Judy Strangis to have a ball chewing up the scenery), and Glitter Rock turning the Amazon Duo into hypnotized puppets offers endless entertainment possibilities. Carry on, Andrea! Best, TZ101